The Malik Report

Arrest Report For Riley Sheahan

from Peter J. Wallner of Mlive,

Sheahan, the Red Wings top pick in the 2010 NHL draft, was wearing a purple Teletubby costume when he was pulled over shortly before midnight on Oct. 29 for driving a 2012 Jeep Wrangler the wrong way on Ottawa Avenue NW, near Pearl Street.

Police initially believed they had arrested Smith before learning later in the night that it was Sheahan.

The report reads:

“Riley had a Michigan driver’s license in the license window in his wallet, which is what Officer Dyer used as his ID. Deputies found Riley’s Canadian license in the wallet after it was turned in with his property and he kept telling them his name was Riley.

“Riley is only 20 and I asked him if he had Branden’s (sic) ID so he could get in the bars. He shook his head yes and stated ‘yea.’“

The report did not indicate how Sheahan got Smith’s ID.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Mandingo's avatar

Detroit Red Wings prospect Riley Sheahan had a blood-alcohol content of .30

Wow.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 11/27/12 at 02:21 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

I kinda don’t understand this as you only need be 18 to get into bars; it’s 21 to consume.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 11/27/12 at 02:33 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

That’s a serious BAC high score.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 11/27/12 at 02:54 PM ET

Keyser S.'s avatar

Detroit Red Wings prospect Riley Sheahan had a blood-alcohol content of .30

Wow.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 11/27/12 at 02:21 PM ET

Wow Indeed. Those are alcoholic levels. I should know. Hello, my name is Keyser and I’m an alcoholic. Not really. But I play one on tv. And I know an alcoholic who got pulled over with a 0.27 level. And he was tanked!

Posted by Keyser S. on 11/27/12 at 03:25 PM ET

FOUR times the “Superdrunk” limit law.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 11/27/12 at 03:29 PM ET

henrymalredo's avatar

It’s too early to say if Sheahan has a problem (I don’t really count that college incident), but this guy needs a sit down with D-Mac or the Probert or Chiasson families.

Posted by henrymalredo from Lansing on 11/27/12 at 03:37 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

FOUR times the “Superdrunk” limit law.

Posted by SYF from The Purveyors of the Perfect Pint on 11/27/12 at 03:29 PM ET

Not to nit-pick, but he was nearly-double the “Superdrunk” limit; he was almost four times the regular old “you’re too drunk to be behind the wheel” limit of 0.08

What’s just as troubling is Sheahan having Brendan Smith’s license.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 11/27/12 at 03:53 PM ET

gowings's avatar

I don’t know about you guys, but I would put him in military boot camp. It did wonders for me when I was his age….then again, I decided to enroll myself. He needs a good kick in the butt. Thank god he did not kill anyone on the road…I mean, most of us had our “drinking years” and I did a lot of stupid stuff…..but drinking and driving?And in his case, not the first time he got into trouble….doesn’t learn very fast. His career has a chance to be over before it really starts.

Posted by gowings from MTL on 11/27/12 at 03:55 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Well.. he IS Irish..

I agree on the more interesting fact that he had Smiths DL.  Not a good leaderrship decision on Smiths part.  Your battle buddy is supposed to help you pull your head OUT of your ass, not help you shove it in.

And purple teletubby costume? Wish theyd have taken THAT mugshot

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 11/27/12 at 04:20 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Detroit Red Wings prospect Riley Sheahan had a blood-alcohol content of .30

Translation: “After having breakfast with Larry Murphy, ...”

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 11/27/12 at 04:37 PM ET

What’s just as troubling is Sheahan having Brendan Smith’s license.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 11/27/12 at 03:53 PM ET

Pedantic schmantic…psssh.

Heh.  I agree with you, J.J.  Just the fact that he was even that piss drunk and on someone else’s credentials just astonished me.  Not just one person’s in trouble; the GR police may want to question Smith about why he gave Sheahan’s his DL.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 11/27/12 at 05:54 PM ET