The Malik Report

Anyone Planning To Boo Brad Stuart?

Chuck Pleiness of Red Wings Front spoke with Jonathan Ericsson after practice regarding Brad Stuart returning tomorrow night as a member of the San Jose Sharks.

“I hope the fans know that he really liked it here, but he really didn’t have a choice because he didn’t want to be away from his family and kids,” Ericsson said. “I really hope they don’t boo him.”

A bit more from 'Big E' regarding Stuart.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

w2j2's avatar

Brad Stuart was a good Red Wing…we wish we still had him!
He went home to be with his wife and kids…
That is the kind of people we like.
Welcome him back!

Posted by w2j2 on 04/10/13 at 03:43 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Brad Stuart gave his all as a Red Wing, but left because of family issues; not for more money, not because he was a bitch in the locker-room and was ran out.

Not only should he not be booed, he should get a standing ovation.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/10/13 at 03:56 PM ET

Primis's avatar

It’s dumb to boo him, personally.  After being a disappointment everywhere else, he excelled in DET and last year was arguably our best d-man overall.

If fans boo him though, it’ll say more about the Red Wings Organ-eye-zation than it will Stuart.  If the Wings were a better team still, I doubt people would be looking for reasons and ways to vent like they are.

Posted by Primis on 04/10/13 at 04:09 PM ET

statelouis26's avatar

Stu should not be booed.  He played hard for the Wings and had to leave for family reasons.  He owes Wings fans nothing more.

Posted by statelouis26 from Detroit, MI on 04/10/13 at 04:13 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Absolutely not.  Guy was classy through the whole thing.  Can’t begrudge a guy for being the best father he can.

I’d never Boo the guy, I’d DEFINITELY ask him for his autograph if I ever saw him and I’d be happy if I ever saw him come back to the Wings.

Guy was a warrior and my favorite Wing the year we won the cup.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/10/13 at 04:18 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Good job by Ericsson by bringing something that ridiculous up. Planting the seed, eh, Big E?

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 04/10/13 at 04:40 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Hell no.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/10/13 at 04:46 PM ET

Fetisov, Rouse, Ramsey, Macoun, and recently, Hutt Funkins.  Wings fans know good soldiers.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 04/10/13 at 04:48 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Why would Wings fans boo Brad? He didn’t “leave.” He was traded. And we got a great guy like Andrew Murray in return. Plus we’ve still got that conditional pick in next year’s draft coming as part of the deal. I say we all stand up and cheer Brad for his role in such a one-sided deal for the Wings. smile

But seriously, I think Brad hated to leave as much as we all hated to see him leave. I hope he starts the game and I hope gets a standing ovation when he steps on to the ice.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 04/10/13 at 05:07 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

boo? no way.

a standing O? yep.

thank him for his steady play for the wings.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/10/13 at 07:14 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

That’s a stupid thing to take Ericsson to task for.  Athletes don’t offer unsolicited opinions anymore.  This was in direct response to a question or it never would’ve been said.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 04/10/13 at 07:28 PM ET

He obviously shouldn’t be booed…but because he left over his kids, and because I dislike children so much, I do hold a bit of a grudge.

Ok maybe not, but kids do suck.

Posted by godblender on 04/10/13 at 09:00 PM ET

BC's avatar

I miss the guy.  He is the classic defenseman.  Steady, plays and hits hard.  I remember him making a few saves when Jimmy was taking a swim.

I wish I could shake his hand and say “thanks” for the Cup in 2008.

Posted by BC on 04/10/13 at 10:29 PM ET

gt500x's avatar

Yeah, sure he could have played better in game 7 of the SCF in 2009 but I was always glad to have him on the team.  I don’t know why anyone would boo him.

Posted by gt500x on 04/10/13 at 11:23 PM ET

Don’t boo him, the man put family first and this day in age that’s something that falls by the wayside. Am I the only one that misses him and Kronner knocking heads? Probably not but the man gave everything he had while wearing the winged wheel and we should remember him for that. He didn’t spur us, he thanked us, and wished to remain with us but he’s a family man. At the end of the day this is a business but sometimes the genuine goodness of humanity prevails.

Posted by selke13 on 04/10/13 at 11:42 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

If anyone boos him it will be the Sharks fans, because they’re all idiots.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 04/11/13 at 01:08 AM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 04/10/13 at 08:28 PM ET

I was being sarcastic.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 04/11/13 at 06:58 AM ET

Wouldn’t surprise me.  Don’t understand why folks boo Hossa.  Never understood why they booed Fedorov, who would have been a cap casualty had he stayed.  Wings “fans” at the Joe are mostly idiots.

Posted by jkm2011 on 04/11/13 at 07:13 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

Brad Stuart was a good Red Wing…we wish we still had him!
He went home to be with his wife and kids…
That is the kind of people we like.
Welcome him back!

Posted by w2j2 on 04/10/13 at 04:43 PM ET

Can’t be said any better than that!

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 04/11/13 at 07:30 AM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Posted by jkm2011 on 04/11/13 at 08:13 AM ET

Fedorov wanted out. Twice. And took less $ to get out.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 04/11/13 at 09:23 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Anyone who booes Stuart is gonna have to fight me.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/11/13 at 10:03 AM ET