The Malik Report

Another YouTube moment for Red Wings prospect Tomas Jurco

Updated at 12:04 PM: I spotted this clip of Red Wings prospect Tomas Jurco attempting to use a "Frankenstick," as inspired by Grand Rapids Griffins equipment manager Brad Thompson, in my subscription feed, and Puck Daddy found it while I was out doing a pop run, too. The Griffins players' reactions to the stick are amusing, and then Jurco gets his hands on the stick...With predictable results:

Update: the Griffins posted a Griffins-Marlies Game 4 preview as well:

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Hootinani's avatar

Griffin’s media crew do an awesome job.  Their player interview videos are some of my favs.

Posted by Hootinani on 05/17/13 at 08:59 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I love the look on Jurco’s face when he got the stick; you could just see the ideas racing through his mind.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 05/17/13 at 09:06 AM ET

OnlyWings's avatar

Looks like a fun and promising group of young Wings coming up!

Starting today I get to watch Wings Pick Martin Frk in the Memorial Cup being held in Saskatoon, YES!!!  Halifax Moosehead are a stacked team with Drouin and McKinnon (top picks in this year’s Draft) and FRK!

Go Griffins Go Wings

Posted by OnlyWings on 05/17/13 at 09:21 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Was in GR two weeks ago, and caught a Griffins game against the Aeros. Jurco stood out, he has NHL written all over him

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/17/13 at 09:28 AM ET

klank's avatar

and then his disgust as stick(s) breaks upon hard shot.  can not wait to see this kid in a Winged Wheel.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/17/13 at 10:26 AM ET

SuperMatt75's avatar

Griffin’s media crew do an awesome job.
Posted by Hootinani on 05/17/13 at 09:59 AM ET

+19

Posted by SuperMatt75 from the cool side of the pillow on 05/17/13 at 10:47 AM ET

Crater's avatar

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/17/13 at 11:26 AM ET

Was too much awesome for 1 twig to contain.

Posted by Crater from SoCal on 05/17/13 at 11:03 AM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

I took my almost-3 year old daughter to Game 3 the other night vs the Marlies.  She had a blast.  She already knows to cheer to for the Red & White, and how to shout ‘Let’s go Griffins’ and ‘Let’s go Red Wings’.  Gotta get started early, ya know?Posted by SuperMatt75 from the cool side of the pillow on 05/17/13 at 11:47 AM ET

*big thumbs up*

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 05/17/13 at 11:18 AM ET

blammo's avatar

What song is that?

Posted by blammo from Vancouver, BC on 05/17/13 at 11:29 AM ET

I was actually looking for puck tricks on the ice…like taking the stickhandling drills to another level.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/17/13 at 11:43 AM ET