The Malik Report

A link merits an entry when it’s Datsyukian

The one major flaw with TSN's absolutely spectacular online offerings involves the fact that they are not embeddable on other websites. As such, they're usually relegated to "hey, look at this" status until YouTubers translate them to watchable formats (see: Kronwalled), but this one merits mentioning right now:

TSN's compiled a top ten list of Pavel Datsyuk's best goals and shootout goals. It's almost 3 minutes long, and I'm sure you've seen them all before, but they are worth your time all over again.

UPDATE: We All Bleed Red on YouTube posted the video:

Not bad for a player without much natural talent, if we are to believe Glenn Healy...

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Bugsy's avatar

I remember some pro hockey player saying they watched the #1 goal on that list, the one where he’s skating on one skate, and that he and his buddies tried the same move. He said they gave up after a half hour or so of continually falling, worried they were go to hurt themselves badly if they kept trying.

For the multi-sports fan, appreciate Datsyuk, Miguel Cabrera, Calvin Johnson, Justin Verlander while they’re still in Detroit—once in a generation (I know, I’ve said it before).

Posted by Bugsy on 05/22/13 at 01:49 AM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Eh, he’s alright

Posted by Hootinani on 05/22/13 at 08:36 AM ET

Figaro's avatar

That goal on Turco is in my Top 3 goals of All-time from all players.  (Admittedly, most of those “all players” are Yzerman)

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 05/22/13 at 09:47 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Looks under-talented to me.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/22/13 at 10:11 AM ET

LivinLaVidaLockout's avatar

Looks under-talented to me.

Posted by

MOWingsfan19

from I really like our team on 05/22/13 at 10:11 AM ET

Good whore-style IQ though

Posted by LivinLaVidaLockout on 05/22/13 at 11:20 AM ET

MarkK's avatar

Watching this video makes me realize how much I’m going to miss having Nashville in the division.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 05/22/13 at 11:38 AM ET

Meh.  I’ve seen better.

No.  No, I can’t say that for certain.

Probably my favorite Dangles goal is this one.  To this day, I still wonder, “How does he do that???  That’s just not normal…”

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/22/13 at 06:54 PM ET