The Malik Report

6 Wings On Team Sweden

Full Team Sweden roster is here.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

Z will wear the C.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/07/14 at 10:24 AM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Z will wear the C.

Excellent choice.  That’s gonna be a tough group to beat on big ice.

Posted by MoreShoot on 01/07/14 at 10:28 AM ET

TheFreak's avatar

How many Wings in total are on Olympic teams now? + Datsyuk and Howard…anyone else?

Posted by TheFreak on 01/07/14 at 10:29 AM ET

Posted by TheFreak on 01/07/14 at 09:29 AM ET

Tomas Tatar is on Slovakia’s Olympic roster.

Posted by imagolddinosaur on 01/07/14 at 10:39 AM ET

Oops, so is Tomas Jurco!

Posted by imagolddinosaur on 01/07/14 at 10:39 AM ET

Posted by TheFreak on 01/07/14 at 09:29 AM ET

Tomases Tatar and Jurco are on Slovakia’s roster.

Posted by Garth on 01/07/14 at 10:45 AM ET

Has Mikael Samuelsson told the Swedish GM to “f off” yet? Has anyone interviewed him yet about this year’s snub?

Posted by VitoLambruski on 01/07/14 at 10:45 AM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Oullett is French-born, isn’t he?  Did he make Team France?  Is there a Team France?

Posted by MoreShoot on 01/07/14 at 10:46 AM ET

Tomases Tatar and Jurco are on Slovakia’s roster.

Posted by Garth on 01/07/14 at 09:45 AM ET

Can we confirm, then, that the Olympics is not a “men’s league?”

Posted by VitoLambruski on 01/07/14 at 10:47 AM ET

Posted by MoreShoot on 01/07/14 at 09:46 AM ET

Per Wikipedia, France did not qualify. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_hockey_at_the_2014_Winter_Olympics#Participating_nations

Posted by imagolddinosaur on 01/07/14 at 10:54 AM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Well, I always seem to rule out the Finns and they always make me look foolish.  But without a healthy Rinne, I’m ruling them out this year.  If the Canucks weren’t so darned arrogant, I’d feel better about them.  I noticed, tho, that Team Canada doesn’t look like they are headed for team grit, so maybe they recognize the importance of the big ice.  But I’ll stick with team Sweden.

Posted by MoreShoot on 01/07/14 at 11:22 AM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Really?  Even with Rask and Niemi?

Posted by Hootinani on 01/07/14 at 11:43 AM ET