The Malik Report

21 Years In A Row

Paul filling in for George who is under the weather.

The Wings continue to have a shot at the Stanley Cup by qualifying for the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the 21st consecutive year after defeating Columbus 7-2.

I will be adding to this post as more highlights become available. but let’s first start with Gustav Nyquist’s first NHL goal.

A nifty pass by Datsyuk.

Tomas Holmstrom had two goal tonight, giving him an NHL total of 242 goals.  Did you know half of them, 121, have come on the power play?

Watch both below…

Hudler’s goal, his 23rd of the year.

Lidstrom with his 11th goal of the season.

Brad Stuart nets his 6th of the season.

Pavel Datsyuk with #18 on the season.

Game Highlights

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

bezukov's avatar

LGRW!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/26/12 at 11:13 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Thanks, Paul. How lovely to see the Wings dominate a game. My fingernails got a rest this evening. And what a playoff run!  So proud to be a Red Wings fan.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/26/12 at 11:30 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

And George, rest up and come back soon!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/26/12 at 11:31 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Did you believe half of them, 121, have come on the power play?

Fixed and yes, very easy to believe.  Thanks Paul!

Posted by SolidTG7 on 03/27/12 at 12:01 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Fixed, know = believe.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/27/12 at 12:04 AM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Fixed, know = believe.

Know, believe, I was close considering how much Jack I’ve had tonight.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 03/27/12 at 12:13 AM ET

Thanks Paul
Get healthy for the playoffs, George
Hope family is hanging in there
3 words that tell you the Wings are clicking: Tic-Tac-Toe.

Posted by Bugsy on 03/27/12 at 12:16 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Columbus coach Todd Richards after the game,

“It had nothing to do with the goaltender,” Blue Jackets interim coach Todd Richards said. “We could have had Patrick Roy in there, Ken Dryden. It wouldn’t have mattered.”

The worst team in the NHL showed their true colors tonight. An already weak roster is weakened by injuries, and a team defense more suited to the AHL simply could not stop the dynamic and oh-so-talented Red Wings.

more at Puck-Rakers…

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/27/12 at 01:40 AM ET

Puppies and Hookers's avatar

DeKeyser elects not to turn pro (news from 15 minutes ago).

Damn.  Would have loved to have him join the organ-I-zation

Posted by Puppies and Hookers from La la land on 03/27/12 at 03:32 AM ET

WingsFaninCO's avatar

Damn.  Would have loved to have him join the organ-I-zation

Posted by Puppies and Hookers from a hotel in Moscow, with two hot tongues on my back on 03/27/12 at 02:32 AM ET

He will.  Just not this year.  By staying down 1 more year, it actually shows that he wants to mature as a player and be his best before going pro.  If he went pro this year it would have meant he wanted 1 thing:  immediate ice time.  Something he obviously would not get with Detroit.  By staying down one more year, it’s a good indication that when he does sign, it won’t be about ice time and the Wings might very well be his destination.

Posted by WingsFaninCO on 03/27/12 at 08:42 AM ET

w2j2's avatar

That pass by Datsyuk to Nyquist was sick!

Posted by w2j2 on 03/27/12 at 11:58 AM ET

Disagree.  If Roy was in there I would have loved it even more.

Posted by BobTheZee on 03/27/12 at 02:22 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

+19, BobTheZee~

Mason looked AWFUL out there, but it was because he’s a good goaltender playing goal and both defensive slots and is left to forecheck as well.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 03/27/12 at 02:51 PM ET

Damn.  Would have loved to have him join the organ-I-zation

Well,  I can respect that.  That just tells me the kid has a good head on a square set of shoulders.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/27/12 at 04:00 PM ET