The Confluence

Sergei Gonchar Returns to Pittsburgh Tonight

Filed in: , | The Confluence | Permalink
  Tags: nhl-hockey, pittsburgh+penguins

Comments

Russian Rocket's avatar

Hopefully we see a few of those old defensive lapses out of Gonch tonight and not so much of those shots from the point finding their way through screens.

Posted by Russian Rocket on 10/18/10 at 04:36 PM ET

Da lil Guy's avatar

That - only backwards.

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 10/18/10 at 05:29 PM ET

No way this guy gets booed.  I think Pittsburgh-Gonchar-Ottawa all are happy with the end result of Gonchar leaving.  I know if i was there i would make sure to let Gonchar know how much his time with the pens is appreciated.  He was a big part of the reason why the Penguins won the Cup.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 10/18/10 at 05:35 PM ET

I will be at the game tonight and plan to clap heartily for Gonch.  Then I hope Sid turns him into a pylon.

Posted by Arnold Slick on 10/18/10 at 05:42 PM ET

Moq's avatar

Well, I’m hoping for a nice fan reception of Gonchar’s return to Pittsburgh followed by a decisive Penguins win. Both wishes seem quite plausible to me.

Posted by Moq from Denmark on 10/18/10 at 05:46 PM ET

What everyone else, but Da lil Guy, said.

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 10/18/10 at 07:04 PM ET

He’ll get cheered unless he scores of course. And as I’m typing this they say they played a video for him during the break and he got a standing O…

Posted by Kstewy16 on 10/18/10 at 08:30 PM ET

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

About The Confluence

Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.

Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.

I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins.  My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes.  I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.

If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-