by Tony on 11/15/08 at 12:34 PM ET
Sabres at Penguins, 7:30 PM ET, Mellon Arena
Sabres, 9-4-3, 21 pts, 5th in Eastern Conference
Penguins, 10-4-2, 22 pts., 4th in Eastern Conference
Season series: 1st meeting
Last game vs. Sabres: Penguins def. Sabres, 7-3, Mar. 12th, 2007
Special teams rankings:
Powerplay: Penguins 18.7% (14th), Sabres 20.0% (T-9th)
Penalty Kill: Penguins 84.3% (9th), Sabres 89.4% (4th)
Probably goaltender rankings:
SV%: Penguins - Marc-Andre Fleury .907 (T-21st), Sabres - Ryan Miller .928 (8th)
GAA: Penguins - Marc-Andre Fleury 2.93 (25th), Sabres - Ryan Miller 2.08 (6th)
- Penguins will don their third jerseys tonight for the first time, similar to the blue Winter Classic jerseys of last year.
- Winger Paul Bissonnette was placed on waivers yesterday. He will report to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton if he isn’t claimed.
- The Penguins are 4-1 when trailing after one period and 5-3 when trailing after two periods. The Sabres are 6-0-1 when leading after one period and 6-0-2 when leading after two periods.
- Evgeni Malkin has a 12-game assist streak, while Kris Letang has a 5-game assist streak.
- A sellout tonight at the Igloo will be the 75th consecutive.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Confluence
Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.
Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.
I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins. My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes. I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.
If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-