by Tony on 12/06/08 at 10:53 AM ET
Penguins at Senators, 2:00 PM ET, Scotiabank Place
Penguins, 15-6-4, 34 pts., 4th in Eastern Conference
Senators, 9-10-4, 22 pts, 12th in Eastern Conference
Season series: 3nd meeting
Last game vs. Senators: Senators def. Penguins, 3-1, Oct. 5th, Stockholm, Sweden.
Special teams rankings:
Powerplay: Penguins 17.5% (T-17th), Senators 20.0% (12th)
Penalty Kill: Penguins 83.5% (8th), Senators 87.6% (3rd)
Probable goaltender rankings:
SV%: Penguins - Dany Sabourin .931 (4th), Senators - Alex Auld .927 (8th)
GAA: Penguins - Dany Sabourin 1.86 (2nd), Senators - Alex Auld 1.96 (5th)
- Tyler Kennedy is out 4-6 weeks due to a sprained knee. Mike Zigomanis remains day-to-day with an undisclosed injury.
- Dany Heatley leads the Sens in scoring with 25 points, tied for 22nd in the NHL, and is 16 points behind league leader Evgeni Malkin.
- Anton Volchenkov is 3rd in the NHL in blocked shots with 70.
- Sidney Crosby is 8th in the NHL with 252 faceoff wins, but is 2nd in faceoff losses with 274.
- Evgeni Malkin is 3rd in the NHL in ice time on the powerplay per game with 5:51.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Confluence
Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.
Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.
I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins. My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes. I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.
If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-