by Tony on 11/28/08 at 08:00 AM ET
Penguins at Sabres, 7:30 PM ET, HSBC Arena
Penguins, 13-5-3, 29 pts., 4th in Eastern Conference
Sabres, 10-8-3, 23 pts, 9th in Eastern Conference
Season series: 2nd meeting
Last game vs. Sabres: Penguins def. Sabres, 5-2, Nov. 15th.
Special teams rankings:
Powerplay: Penguins 17.7% (17th), Sabres 18.8% (15th)
Penalty Kill: Penguins 82.8% (12th), Sabres 85.1% (6th)
Probably goaltender rankings:
SV%: Penguins - Dany Sabourin .924 (10th), Sabres - Ryan Miller .910 (T-19th)
GAA: Penguins - Dany Sabourin 1.96 (3rd), Sabres - Ryan Miller 2.53 (17th)
- Max Talbot is day-to-day with a foot injury, Janne Pesonen has been recalled from Wilkes/Barre-Scranton.
- Evgeni Malkin now has a 5 goal lead in the NHL scoring race over Simon Gagne with 35 points.
- Brooks Orpik is now 2nd in the NHL in hits with 81, 10 behind Boston’s Milan Lucic. Matt Cooke is 11th with 62.
- Mike Zigomanis continues to lead the NHL in faceoff pct. with 63.0%.
- Miro Satan leads the Pens in shooting pct. with 21.4%.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Confluence
Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.
Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.
I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins. My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes. I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.
If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-