The Confluence

Penguins Re-Sign Forward Arron Asham

From the Penguins:

The Pittsburgh Penguins have agreed to terms with forward Arron Asham on a one-year contract, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.

The deal is worth $775,000.

Asham, 33, recently completed his first season with the Penguins. The veteran winger was one of Pittsburgh’s top performers during the postseason, leading the team with three goals and tying for the team lead with four points in seven games.

Continue Reading:

Filed in: Pittsburgh Penguins, | The Confluence | Permalink
  Tags: nhl-hockey, pittsburgh+penguins

Comments

Flashtastick56's avatar

Another piece…

Such a weird night, though, huh?  Man…

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Meriden, CT on 06/29/11 at 11:59 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

I LOVE Asham & Flash you should have been listening to the pensblog guys They finally got Jagr’s agent to answer his Phone

Posted by Evilpens on 06/30/11 at 12:05 AM ET

cs6687's avatar

I think this means the end of Rupp in Pittsburgh. There’s a chance Kennedy gets signed tomorrow, and of course the neverending Jagr saga. Shero might go hunting for another depth forward and then get to work on stocking the Baby Penguins roster.

Posted by cs6687 on 06/30/11 at 12:13 AM ET

I think this means the end of Rupp in Pittsburgh.

Yup, I think you’re right.  Too bad, but you can’t keep everyone.  I’ve heard Philly is interested in Rupp.

Posted by Lex Talionis on 06/30/11 at 12:16 AM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

Shero’s on his game.

you should have been listening to the pensblog guys

That was one of the funniest things ever on the interwebs.

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 06/30/11 at 12:44 AM ET

Flashtastick56's avatar

Posted by Evilpens on 06/29/11 at 11:05 PM ET

Oh, I was listening.  Hilarious stuff.  Those guys always crack me up.

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Meriden, CT on 06/30/11 at 12:44 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

haha yes. Now Ron Cook called the people from tPB “idiotic morons”.. he is having a stellar day today

Posted by Evilpens on 06/30/11 at 01:01 PM ET

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

About The Confluence

Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.

Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.

I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins.  My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes.  I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.

If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-