by Tony on 12/03/08 at 11:22 AM ET
Penguins at Rangers, 7:00 PM ET, Madison Square Garden
Penguins, 14-6-3, 31 pts., 5th in Eastern Conference
Rangers, 17-8-2, 36 pts, 2nd in Eastern Conference
Season series: 2nd meeting
Last game vs. Rangers: Rangers def. Penguins, 3-2 (SO), Oct. 25th.
Special teams rankings:
Powerplay: Penguins 16.7% (19th), Rangers 15.3% (22nd)
Penalty Kill: Penguins 83.2% (10th), Rangers 89.5% (1st)
Probable goaltender rankings:
SV%: Penguins - Dany Sabourin .930 (4th), Rangers - Henrik Lundqvist .925 (10th)
GAA: Penguins - Dany Sabourin 1.84 (1st), Rangers - Henrik Lundqvist 2.19 (10th)
- Jordan Staal and Matt Cooke were named alternate captains for the month of December for the Pens.
- Janne Pesonen was reassigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton after the Pens/Devils game.
- Philippe Boucher is now listed as “week-to-week” with an undisclosed injury.
- The Penguins are 5-0-2 vs. the Atlantic Division so far this season.
- The Rangers have won the last six regular season meetings at MSG vs. the Penguins.
- Henrik Lundqvist has a 13-6-3 record, with a 2.10 GAA and one shutout in 22 career regular season appearances vs. the Pens.
- Kris Letang hasn’t scored a goal in his last 33 games.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Confluence
Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.
Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.
I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins. My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes. I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.
If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-