The Confluence

Penguins Name Bill Guerin Player Development Coach

From the Penguins:

The Pittsburgh Penguins have hired former player and Stanley Cup champion Bill Guerin as player development coach, it was announced today by Executive Vice President and General Manager Ray Shero.

In his new role, Guerin, 40, will be responsible for working with young prospects throughout the Penguins’ organization – assisting in the development of players in the minor leagues as well as junior and college hockey.

Guerin played 18 NHL seasons for eight teams, recording 429 goals and 427 assists for 856 points and winning two Stanley Cups.

Continue Reading:

Filed in: Pittsburgh Penguins, | The Confluence | Permalink
  Tags: nhl-hockey, pittsburgh+penguins

Comments

Evilpens's avatar

Tony any scuttlebutt on who the PP coach will be?

Posted by Evilpens on 06/08/11 at 02:49 PM ET

Tony's avatar

They haven’t met my contact demands yet…. wink

No, no idea….

Posted by Tony from Virginia Beach, VA on 06/08/11 at 02:51 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

hahaha LOL

Posted by Evilpens on 06/08/11 at 02:58 PM ET

great news!!! love billy g, and glad to see he is sticking around.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 06/08/11 at 03:29 PM ET

Bylsma said he was open to the idea of bringing in a powerplay coach, I haven’t seen him or Shero say they will have a powerplay coach next season.

Posted by NathanBC on 06/08/11 at 03:44 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

NathanBC There in Lies the Problem !! Bylsma EGO !

Posted by Evilpens on 06/08/11 at 03:52 PM ET

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

About The Confluence

Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.

Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.

I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins.  My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes.  I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.

If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-