The Confluence

Penguins Host Red Wings in First Hockey Game at New Arena Wednesday at 7PM

From the Penguins:

The Penguins will host the Detroit Red Wings in their pre-season opener Wednesday night at 7 p.m. – the first hockey game ever played at CONSOL Energy Center.

Gates will open at 5:30 p.m.

The American Eagle Outfitters Student Rush line will form along Fifth Avenue.

Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Brooks Orpik are among the players scheduled to be in the opening lineup for the Penguins.

That the game is the first game in this building definitely played into some of the decision-making about the lineup,” Coach Dan Bylsma said. “I think Sidney Crosby should be in that game, being the first game. And other guys like Evgeni Malkin and Brooks Orpik who have been with the organization for a long time, they are playing in that game because of that reason.”

For more information on the first game, please visit http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com

Filed in: , | The Confluence | Permalink
  Tags: detroit+red+wings, nhl-hockey, pittsburgh+penguins

Comments

Evilpens's avatar

Is it Televised in Detroit / Anyone Bueller ........ Bueller

Posted by Evilpens on 09/21/10 at 11:31 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Hell, I’d almost take any feed.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/21/10 at 12:00 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

That’s what i mean !!

Posted by Evilpens on 09/21/10 at 12:01 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

Tickets for this were VERY pricey. The cheapest seats I could find were north of $60/ea

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 09/21/10 at 03:32 PM ET

Sadie's avatar

Please tell me that there’s at least radio coverage.

Posted by Sadie from Ann Arbor, MI on 09/21/10 at 05:26 PM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

This better have SOME feed…this should have been touted a little bit. Sadly, this will likely be another missed opportunity for Bettman. Hell, pay per view this Bitch..I’d belly up the cash.

Posted by The Hurricane on 09/21/10 at 06:17 PM ET

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

About The Confluence

Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.

Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.

I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins.  My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes.  I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.

If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-