by Tony on 11/23/10 at 12:19 PM ET
It’s kind of an inside joke within the Penguins’ blogosphere.
Of course, NHL players and coaches are incredibly redundant in their comments, such as “dump the puck, get in on the forecheck”, yadda, yadda.
So mostly due to the Pens’ mediocre commencement of the NHL regular season, the main slogan you’ve heard time and time again has been “Get to Our Game”.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not on HCDB’s letterhead nowadays.
- It’s absolutely uncanny how Sidney Crosby turns it up a notch when he’s in a scoring race. Back on Nov. 18th, red-hot Steven Stamkos scored a hat trick and four points. Crosby turned right around the next night and scored four points of his own. And it’s certainly not the first time. Crosby and Alex Ovechkin have had at it a couple of times in previous seasons. By the way, speaking of Comrade Ovechkin, don’t believe for a second that he’s going to stay nine points behind for very much longer. For as much as I think he’s a cheap shot artist, first and foremost he’s a deadly sniper. He’ll get hot sooner or later.
- Nice to see Mark Letestu and Chris Conner contribute with the game-winning goal last night in Florida. Let’s face it, the Penguins are swamped with speedy wingers in both Pittsburgh and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton that, shall we say, don’t exactly light the lamp with much frequency. We’ll take as many of these type goals as we can get, thank you.
- Of course, the presence of Letestu and/or Conner is due to the continued absence of Jordan Staal. Staal had surgery on Nov. 2nd with a fractured hand, and looks to out for another few weeks. It’s going to be interesting how HCDB makes his lineups upon Staal’s return. He had Staal centering the 2nd line with Malkin on his wing. We’ll just see if that’s the case in a few weeks, hopefully.
- With a 5-0-1 record lately, Marc Andre Fleury definitely looks to be on the rebound. His 2.88 GAA and .887 Save Pct. are still way down among NHL goaltenders (as frankly he usually is anyway), but he’s without a doubt playing much better.
- Lots of talk lately about Crosby’s Reebok videos, here and here. Take a look at the second video, specifically at the pucks to Crosby’s left after he knocks down most of the pucks in the pyramid. Another puck magically appears. Still, two pretty slick commercials.
Pens back in action in Buffalo on Wednesday night.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Confluence
Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.
Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.
I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins. My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes. I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.
If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-