by Tony on 12/13/08 at 12:04 PM ET
Penguins at Flyers, 1 PM ET, Wachovia Arena
Penguins, 16-9-4, 36 pts., T-5th in Eastern Conference
Flyers, 15-7-6, 36 pts, T-5th in Eastern Conference
Season series: 3rd meeting, Penguins lead series 2-0
Last game vs. Flyers: Penguins def. Flyers, 5-4 (SO), Nov. 13th.
Special teams rankings:
Powerplay: Penguins 18.1% (17th), Flyers 24.4% (T-2nd)
Penalty Kill: Penguins 84.5% (8th), Flyers 84.7% (5th)
Probable goaltender rankings:
SV%: Penguins - Marc-Andre Fleury (my guess) .907 (T-24th), Flyers - Martin Biron .901 (30th)
GAA: Penguins - Marc-Andre Fleury (my guess) 2.86 (28th), Flyers - Martin Biron 2.95 (33rd)
- Connor James was recalled from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Friday. Max Talbot didn’t make the trip due to an unspecified injury against the Islanders Thursday.
- The Flyers are 11-1-3 in their last 15 games.
- Simon Gagne has 37 points (18G,19A) in 43 career games against the Penguins.
- Evgeni Malkin is now 5th in the NHL in plus/minus with +16.
- Petr Sykora leads the NHL with 5 game-winning goals and is tied for 3rd in the NHL with 8 powerplay goals.
- Jeff Carter is 3rd in the NHL with 127 shots on goal.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Confluence
Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.
Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.
I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins. My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes. I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.
If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-