by Tony on 01/01/09 at 12:34 PM ET
Penguins at Bruins, 7PM ET, TD Banknorth Garden
Penguins, 19-14-4, 42 pts, 7th in Eastern Conference
Bruins, 28-5-4, 60 pts, 1st in Eastern Conference
Season series: 3rd meeting, series tied 1-1
Last game vs. Bruins: Bruins def. Penguins, 5-2, Dec. 30th.
Last game results: Bruins def. Penguins, 5-2, Dec. 30th.
Special teams rankings:
Powerplay: Penguins 18.1% (T-17th), Bruins 25.0% (3rd)
Penalty Kill: Penguins 81.1% (18th), Bruins 82.7% (T-9th)
Probable goaltender rankings:
SV%: Penguins - Marc-Andre Fleury .907 (28th), Bruins - Tim Thomas .935 (3rd)
GAA: Penguins - Marc-Andre Fleury 2.96 (33rd), Bruins - Tim Thomas 2.04 (3rd)
- According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, both Tyler Kennedy and Kris Letang practiced in Boston yesterday. Still no word when either will return to the lineup, although in the Pens’ postgame show on Tuesday Bob Grove and Phil Bourque said Letang’s should be within a week.
- The Bruins lead the lifetime series against the Pens with a 98-50-21-3 record.
- The Penguins are 3-5-0 in eight games played on New Year’s Day.
- Marc-Andre Fleury is one win shy of tying Denis Herron for third all-time in wins (88).
- The Penguins are 14-3-1 when Miro Satan scores at least a point.
- The Pens haven’t had a home shutout since March 5th, 2008, a 2-0 win vs. the Devils.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Confluence
Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.
Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.
I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins. My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes. I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.
If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-