by Tony on 11/01/08 at 04:17 PM ET
Penguins at Blues, 8:30PM EST, Scotttrade Center.
Penguins, 5-4-2, 12 pts., 7th in Eastern Conference
Blues, 5-4-0, 10 pts., 9th in Western Conference
Season series: 1st meeting
Last game vs. Coyotes: Dec. 19, 2006, Blues def. Penguins, 4-1.
Special teams rankings:
Powerplay: Penguins 20.8% (10th), Blues 31.7% (1st)
Penalty Kill: Penguins 86.3% (8th), Blues 86.8% (6th)
Probably goaltender rankings:
SV%: Penguins - Marc-Andre Fleury .929 (T-4th), Blues - Chris Mason .919 (n/a)
GAA: Penguins - Marc-Andre Fleury 2.17 (8th), Blues - Chris Mason 2.54 (n/a)
- Sidney Crosby will be back in the lineup tonight.
- The Penguins recalled Janne Pesonen from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton last night.
- Marc Eaton will be a healthy scratch tonight, Ruslan Fedotenko is listed as day-to-day.
- Unknown if Pascal Dupuis will return tonight after taking a shot off the foot.
- Hal Gill and Rob Scuderi will serve as alternate captains for November.
- The Blues wrap up a seven game homestand tonight.
- The Penguins haven’t defeated the Blues in St. Louis since the 98-99 season, and have lost four straight games there.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Confluence
Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.
Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.
I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins. My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes. I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.
If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-