by Tony on 11/06/08 at 12:14 PM ET
Oilers at Penguins, 7PM ET, Mellon Arena.
Oilers, 6-5-1, 13 pts., 9th in Western Conference
Penguins, 6-4-2, 14 pts., 7th in Eastern Conference
Season series: 1st meeting
Last game vs. Oilers: Dec. 5, 2007, Penguins def. Oilers, 4-2.
Special teams rankings:
Powerplay: Penguins 20.8% (7th), Oilers 19.2% (13th)
Penalty Kill: Penguins 87.0% (6th), Oilers 74.6% (T-28th)
Probably goaltender rankings:
SV%: Penguins - Marc-Andre Fleury .924 (8th), Oilers - Dwayne Roloson .915 (13th)
GAA: Penguins - Marc-Andre Fleury 2.34 (8th), Oilers - Dwayne Roloson 2.78 (15th)
- Pascal Dupuis and Ruslan Fedotenko should return to the lineup tonight.
- For as fantastic as Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin are during regulation and overtime, it’s a different story during the shootout, only scoring at a 30% (9/30) and 22.8% (4/18) rate, respectively.
- Some of the Penguins unveiled the Penguins’ 3rd jersey, looking nearly the same as their Winter Classic jerseys from last season, last night at Dick’s Sporting Goods in the Mall at Robinson.
- The Penguins are having a “Score Against Hunger” food drive at tonight’s game. Everyone either donating a non-perishable food item or making a cash donation is eligible to win autographed Penguins’ memorabilia.
- FSN Pittsburgh will be re-airing both the Winter Classic and the triple-overtime Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals on Thanksgiving Day.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Confluence
Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.
Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.
I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins. My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes. I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.
If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-