by Tony on 06/10/09 at 05:35 PM ET
What the hell am I gonna do for 53 hours ??
[ Disregard that, I don’t need the crude remarks .... ]
Geezus, two more days to wait until the battle for Lord Stanley. What a series this has been. Momentum hasn’t meant a damn thing. Home ice sure as hell has.
I’m not even going to try to guess who’s going to be the hero of Game Seven, ‘cause I’ll most likely be wrong.
Other stuff going on:
- Ya know, with all this “lucky burrito” talk with Disco Dan going on, it reminds me: I haven’t had a good burrito in a long, long time. Just thought I’d mention that.
- Caught part of Dan Patrick’s morning show on Fox Sports radio this morning. Props to Dan, along with the other morning shows (Mike and Mike, Steve Czaban, etc) for continuing to talk about the Finals. But then Dan says, “and Theo Fleury really played well last night”. Sheesh.
- Last night Penguins’ win was the first time that the Pens have won a playoff game in which Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin have both failed to score at least one point.
- So just how much richer do you think UFA-to-be Rob Scuderi has made himself after this playoff run ??
- Dear Ruslan Fedotenko, please convert at least one of those juicy centering passes from your buddy Geno Malkin before this series ends. Thank you. Sincerely, Tony.
- Has everyone seen by now the Stanley Cup Champions gear for both teams inadvertently placed on NHLShop yet ?? How incompetent do you have to be to publish those pages ?? By the way, some folks have already tried to order them and have had them cancelled.
- Damn shame about Petr Sykora’s busted up ankle/foot. But you have to give him credit, that sprawling block really pumped up his teammates, several of them mentioned that last night.
- Will be interesting to see what ratings are gathered in with a Friday night Game Seven, with no NBA Finals game as well.
More Game Seven stuff to be sure tomorrow.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Confluence
Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.
Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.
I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins. My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes. I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.
If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-