The Confluence

Long-time Pittsburgh Vendor Passes Away

Sad day around Pittsburgh sports today.  Long-time vendor Kenny Geidel, who was a big fan favorite at Pirates, Steelers and Penguins games since 1986, passed away today.  He started vending at Three Rivers Stadium, as well as the Heinz Field, the Civic Arena and then the Consol Energy Center.  For the older folks, he was the “Coke Here” guy at Three Rivers, for the younger generation, he was the “Cotton Candy Heeeee” guy.

RIP Eddie.

Filed in: Pittsburgh Penguins, | The Confluence | Permalink
  Tags: nhl-hockey, pittsburgh+penguins

Comments

Oh man, I can’t believe I won’t be hearing his cotton candy yell.  He was at the last home game of the season and seemed like himself.  RIP brother, you will be missed!

Posted by tbassett on 05/10/11 at 02:21 PM ET

Man..out of nowhere.  Going to miss you Kenny.

Posted by Geno71 on 05/10/11 at 02:45 PM ET

Tip your bottle to the earth for this man.

Wonder if concessions sales will take a small hit without this guy. He was very effective at his job.

Posted by steviesteve on 05/10/11 at 03:02 PM ET

Kevin182's avatar

I went to a Pirates game vs the Tigers a few years back and this one guy caught my attention selling lemonade. Just watched the video and realized it was him. RIP from Detroit.

Posted by Kevin182 from Motor City, MI on 05/10/11 at 06:58 PM ET

It will be weird to not hear him.  Sad and sudden.  RIP.

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 05/10/11 at 07:35 PM ET

Twig's avatar

sad for you guys. always sucks to lose sports family members.

RIP, sir.

Posted by Twig from Houston, TX on 05/11/11 at 01:19 AM ET

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

About The Confluence

Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.

Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.

I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins.  My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes.  I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.

If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-