by Tony on 12/23/08 at 01:40 PM ET
Lightning at Penguins, 7:30 PM ET, Mellon Arena
Lightning, 7-16-9, 23 pts, T-14th in Eastern Conference
Penguins, 18-11-4, 40 pts, 7th in Eastern Conference
Season series: 1st meeting
Last game vs. Lightning: Penguins def. Lightning, 4-2, Mar. 20, 2008.
Special teams rankings:
Powerplay: Penguins 20.0% (10th), Lightning 14.7% (T-23rd)
Penalty Kill: Penguins 80.7% (18th), Lightning 80.4% (21st)
Probable goaltender rankings:
SV%: Penguins - Marc-Andre Fleury .904 (T-27th), Lightning - Mike Smith .924 (7th)
GAA: Penguins - Marc-Andre Fleury 3.06 (35th), Lightning - Mike Smith 2.50 (T-15th)
- Tonight will be the long-awaited return of defenseman Ryan Whitney, who’s been out all season because of foot surgery. Unsure how many minutes or what assignments Whitney will get at this time.
- According to the press notes, Ryan Stone was re-assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
- Tampa Bay’s Mike Smith is winless in three games against the Penguins, posting a 0-3-0 record with a 3.03 goals-against average over the span.
- The Lightning’s Vinny Lecavalier has 22 goals and 32 points in 36 career games vs. the Penguins.
- A sellout tonight will be the 82nd consecutive.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Confluence
Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.
Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.
I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins. My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes. I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.
If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-