by Tony on 12/20/08 at 11:24 AM ET
Leafs at Penguins, 7 PM ET, Mellon Arena
Leafs, 12-13-6, 30 pts, 11th in Eastern Conference
Penguins, 17-10-4, 38 pts., 7th in Eastern Conference
Season series: 2nd meeting, Penguins lead series 1-0
Last game vs. Leafs: Penguins def. Leafs, 4-1, Oct. 18th.
Special teams rankings:
Powerplay: Penguins 19.3% (11th), Leafs 20.7% (9th)
Penalty Kill: Penguins 81.9% (12th), Leafs 75.2% (28th)
Probable goaltender rankings:
SV%: Penguins - Marc-Andre Fleury .907 (25th), Leafs - Vesa Toskala .887 (40th)
GAA: Penguins - Marc-Andre Fleury 2.87 (32nd), Leafs - Vesa Toskala 3.11 (37th)
- Penguins will wear 3rd jerseys tonight.
- Max Talbot should return tonight.
- Latest man games lost for currently injured players: 31 -Sergei Gonchar; 31 -Ryan Whitney; 8 - Hal Gill; 7 - Mike Zigomanis; 7 - Tyler Kennedy
- Did you know ?? The Penguins have never faced the Toronto Maple Leafs in a shootout.
- Miroslav Satan is one goal shy of reaching 350 in his career.
- A sellout tonight will be the 81st consecutive.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Confluence
Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.
Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.
I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins. My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes. I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.
If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-