The Confluence

I’m Sorry, But It WAS Only One Game For Fleury

Oh how I love sports fans.

"Marc-Andre Fleury is back!"

That was the sentiment promulgating around the Internetz Thursday night.  You are now to purge your memory of Fleury's horrible playoff performance last season, one of which he was not only yanked from games, but benched in favor of Tomas Vokoun.

Not only that, but it appears that if you happen to make any objective statement about the playoffs or perhaps being patient, you are basically told to "shut up", which was literally Tweeted by one Pittsburgh columnist after the game.

So, again to repeat, I guess it's "Marc-Andre Fleury is back!"

Sorry.

For as much as I want that to be true, and who knows, maybe we will eventually see him get back to the Cup-winning level of performance, I need to see more than one regular season game, not to mention playoff games, before it's all good with Marc-Andre.

Filed in: | The Confluence | Permalink

Comments

Evilpens's avatar

MAF has hired a PR firm Steigerwald & Errey to push his name & agenda LOL

Steigerwald Had a couple bad days at the office
shut eye

Posted by Evilpens on 10/05/13 at 11:56 AM ET

Tony's avatar

LOL, yeah I heard that, gimme a frickin’ break….

Posted by Tony from Virginia Beach, VA on 10/05/13 at 11:59 AM ET

Evilpens's avatar

& Steigy called Jussi Jokinen < Olli Jokinen raspberry

Posted by Evilpens on 10/05/13 at 12:07 PM ET

Fluery’s performance will be message by playoff performance and playoff performance only. If he fails to deliver again in the playoffs, he’s a likely buyout candidate.

Posted by evileye on 10/05/13 at 01:01 PM ET

Well, to be fair though Tony, those that were freaking out about his preseason performance need to chill as well.  It’s going to be a long regular season, because after every good and bad game, there will be those that need vindication saying they were right about MAF.  Both sides need to settle, because this likely won’t be decided until April (hopefully May and June as well).

I’m glad he played well.  I hope it continues, but until the playoffs, it won’t matter.

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 10/05/13 at 02:30 PM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

I have to drink the Fleury Kool-Aid, gotta do it.
———————————————————————-
Yeah, Steiggy’s have big trouble with Ollie Maatta & Jussi Jokinen, hence Ollie Jokinen.
hahahahahhahahhah

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 10/05/13 at 02:34 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Starting to look like Fluery is Pittsburgh’s ‘Manny Legace’ without the suicidal quotes.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 10/05/13 at 03:24 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

3 Games & so far ........ So Good ! Finger, Toes & Eyes crossed LOL

Posted by Evilpens on 10/09/13 at 12:07 PM ET

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

About The Confluence

Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.

Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.

I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins.  My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes.  I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.

If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-