The Confluence

Give Us Your Prediction for Bolts/Pens Game 7

I’m already a complete wreck, such is life.

Give me a final score in tonight’s Game 7 between the Lightning and the Penguins.

The person who correctly predicts the score will win, well, not a damn thing.

Me?  I despise this, but I predicted Pens in 7 before it started, so I’m going to go 4-2 Penguins.

Filed in: , | The Confluence | Permalink

2-1 Pens in OT

Posted by pensfan29 on 04/27/11 at 10:17 AM ET

YzermanZetterberg's avatar

5-3 Lightning

Posted by YzermanZetterberg on 04/27/11 at 10:26 AM ET

Flashtastick56's avatar

Keep the faith.  3-2 Pens.

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Meriden, CT on 04/27/11 at 10:28 AM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

4-2 Yzerbolts

Posted by Rdwings28 on 04/27/11 at 10:42 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

4-2 Yzerbolts
Posted by Rdwings28 on 04/27/11 at 09:42

I second this.  #4 is EN

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/27/11 at 10:49 AM ET

Even as a Penguins fan I say that Pens are toast. No chance they will prevail.

4-1 Bolts.

Posted by JJ on 04/27/11 at 10:50 AM ET

Wings_in_NYC's avatar

3-2 Lightning. No OT needed.

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 04/27/11 at 10:59 AM ET

Leo_Racicot's avatar

Pens 4 Bolts 0

Similar to Buffalo and Chicago, there will be no gas left in the tank for the visiting team.

Posted by Leo_Racicot on 04/27/11 at 11:00 AM ET

Jon Jordan's avatar

Hey Tony: This has been some fun, eh? No? Well, at least it’s been a good series? No? Hrmph…

I picked the Pens in six. Since that’s out, I had to change my prediction, obviously, and the Bolts have done enough to sell me (and I feel bad because I should have bought in long ago).

3-2 Lightning in an extended overtime thriller.

That’s my new call…

Good luck!

JJ

Posted by Jon Jordan from Tampa, FL on 04/27/11 at 11:00 AM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

I third the 4-2 count.  Bolts have consistent great play out of St. Louis, over-achieving defense, good grinding from 3/4 lines, and good overall team game and compete level.  Plus, I thing Grapes gave Roloson the nod last night.

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/27/11 at 11:34 AM ET

MarkK's avatar

5-4 Pens OT

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 04/27/11 at 11:42 AM ET

gusoline's avatar

Slightly off-topic, but from a Friend in Pittsburgh a link to printable signs if you are going to the game tonight and are a Penguins fan.

Though I have go with Lighting 3-2

Posted by gusoline on 04/27/11 at 12:05 PM ET

6-1 Pens.  Kennedy with two.  Michalek scores on the PP.

Malone take three penalties.

Posted by docciavelli on 04/27/11 at 12:54 PM ET

Bosephus's avatar

Marty St. Louis with the game winner.

Posted by Bosephus from Behind enemy lines, Denver, CO on 04/27/11 at 01:08 PM ET

Thag's avatar

Surprisingly easy win for Pens. 4 - 1

Posted by Thag from DC on 04/27/11 at 01:21 PM ET

I think it will be 4-3 Bolts. Pens go up early 1-0, Bolts come back and make it 3-1. Pens score for 3-2. Stamkos lands a breakaway goal and Pitt scores with 38 seconds left to make it 4-3 and give them hope…but not enough.

Posted by VLM from Florida on 04/27/11 at 01:36 PM ET

PuckRules's avatar

7-3 Bolts. No contest.

Posted by PuckRules on 04/27/11 at 01:51 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

3 - 1 Bolts.

Slightly off topic (kicking the hornets nest): Hypothetically, if the Pens do win game 7 and subsequently the first round series, will that be a testament to the fact that Crosby really is overrated? Or will it take a second round series victory to prove that fact?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that he’s not a great player. I am saying that he’s not the level of all the accolades and praise showered upon him. If he were that great / integral to team success, this team should have been lucky to squeak into the playoffs (see Chicago) and go down rather easily to a more talented Bolts team. Or is the series win destiny, and that the Pens would have easily swept the Bolts had Crosby been in the lineup?

Just a thought. I am now prepared to atone for my blasphemy.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 04/27/11 at 03:44 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Sorry, I forgot to include: So maybe Pittsburgh is a better team with more talented players than they are given credit for having, due to being overshadowed by league marketers and the MSM falling all over themselves with “Sidney” this or “Crosby” that.

Really, though, maybe I am downing Crosby, I am being complimentary to the team as a whole.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 04/27/11 at 04:03 PM ET

Flashtastick56's avatar

Posted by SnLO from A City with Arson and Murder, but no Thrown Octopi on 04/27/11 at 03:03 PM ET

Did you see Crosby play this year?  32 goals.  34 assists.  In 41 games.

41.  Forty-one.

That’s, um…1.61 PPG…or 132 points (64G/68A) over an 82 game season.  25 game point streak.  Led the Pens to 12 wins in a row at one point, shortly before he was concussed.

Plus, the Pens were at or near the top of the East in the 41 games he played in…then played right around .500 hockey afterwards.

And…what accolades has he been “showered” with?  An Art Ross and Hart Trophy the year he scored 120 points and put the Pens back in the playoffs for the first time in 5 years?  A Rocket Richard Trophy…which was hard for him not to win when he scored more goals than anyone but Stamkos last year.  Mark Messier Award?

I mean, you might have a case for his overexposure marketing-wise…but Crosby hasn’t been “showered” with accolades.

But, yeah…if you ignore all of that…he’s totally overrated.

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Meriden, CT on 04/27/11 at 05:21 PM ET

Pens win 5-2.  GW goal is on the PP.

And SnLO, this series would not have happened if Crosby was in the line up, because the Pens would have played the Rangers as the 1 seed.  The only place he is overrated is in your mind.  Overmarketed?  Probably, but the one topic that gets a bunch of hits on any hockey site is one about Crosby.

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 04/27/11 at 07:17 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Sorry, it seems I posed the Sid Overrated question a bit prematurely. I put forth the question expecting Pittsburgh to pull off the win (yeah, I know I predicted Bolts 3-1, but want and expect are usually two different things). I should have waited until the conclusion of the series, and only if Pit had won.
What last nights game showed me is that Sid is a difference maker for this team. Though nearly every shift the team was a scoring threat, it was easy to see they had a missing element that could have put them over the top. I feel they (Pens) would have had a far greater chance to win that game if Sid was in the line-up taking a regular shift.
So, thanks for humoring me with some feedback. Good luck next year.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 04/28/11 at 10:03 AM ET