by Tony on 11/29/08 at 12:37 PM ET
Devils at Penguins, 7:30pm ET, Mellon Arena
Devils, 12-7-2, 26 pts, 7th in Eastern Conference
Penguins, 13-6-3, 29 pts., 4th in Eastern Conference
Season series: 2nd meeting
Last game vs. Devils: Devils def. Penguins, 2-1 (SO), Oct. 11th.
Special teams rankings:
Powerplay: Penguins 16.5% (T-17th), Devils 14.7% (24th)
Penalty Kill: Penguins 82.4% (12th), Devils 77.1% (26th)
Probably goaltender rankings:
SV%: Penguins - Dany Sabourin .924 (11th), Devils - Scott Clemmensen .917 (n/a)
GAA: Penguins - Dany Sabourin 1.96 (T-3rd), Devils - Scott Clemmensen 2.48 (n/a)
- Philippe Boucher is not expected to be in the lineup after his undisclosed injury during last night’s game.
- Marc-Andre Fleury is now listed as “week-to-week” as opposed to “day-to-day” with his undisclosed injury, believed to be groin-related.
- The Devils have won five straight games.
- Don’t look now, but Sidney Crosby is now tied for 2nd in the NHL in points with 30.
- The Penguins are 2 for 7 on 5-on-3 powerplays this year for a 28% success rate.
- Since Nov. 11 at Detroit, the line of Jordan Staal, Matt Cooke and Tyler Kennedy have contributed 18 points (8G-10A) in the last eight games. They have combined for a plus or even rating of plus-10 over their last eight games.
- A sellout today will be the 78th consecutive.
- The Pens embark on another road trip after tonight’s game, at the Rangers on Wednesday, at Carolina on Thursday and at Ottawa on Saturday.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Confluence
Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.
Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.
I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins. My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes. I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.
If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-