The Confluence

Crosby Donation Leads To Renovation at Children’s Hospital

From the Canadian Press:

A donation from Sidney Crosby has helped Nova Scotia’s largest children’s hospital expand and renovate a lounge used by teen patients.

The hockey superstar dropped by the lounge Wednesday at the IWK Health Centre in Halifax. He spent two hours talking to young patients and staff during the low-key event.

“It was a really special day for the kids,” Brad Jacobs, vice-president of development for the IWK Foundation, said Thursday.

Continue Reading:

Filed in: Pittsburgh Penguins, | The Confluence | Permalink
  Tags: nhl-hockey, pittsburgh+penguins

Comments

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Well played sir.. love the generosity of hockey players.. genuine good people

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/07/11 at 10:55 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Even Rosby? LOL

Posted by Evilpens on 07/07/11 at 11:00 PM ET

SK77's avatar

That’s awesome on Crosby—what a class move.

And I hope Kronwall smokes him ass next season LOL

Posted by SK77 on 07/07/11 at 11:02 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Of course.. were classy fans us red wing bunch wink

Game on when the puck drops though

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/07/11 at 11:05 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

You Bet your ASS it will be HockeytownOverhaul

Posted by Evilpens on 07/07/11 at 11:08 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Haha fo’ sho’ birdman!

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/07/11 at 11:19 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

hahaha I respect the HELL out of the RW’s OrganIzation

Posted by Evilpens on 07/07/11 at 11:25 PM ET

My opinion of this guy keeps changing, for the better.

Posted by 13 user names on 07/08/11 at 12:51 AM ET

Children’s Hospital.  Hilarious show.  What episode is Crosby on?

Posted by Garth on 07/08/11 at 02:18 AM ET

not funny at all.

Posted by Eric from Over Here on 07/08/11 at 03:09 AM ET

Seaner in Sharkville's avatar

Not a fan of Sid the Kid, but this is all class. Good on him.

Posted by Seaner in Sharkville from Silicon Valley on 07/08/11 at 07:32 AM ET

John's avatar

I am not going to take anything from Sid, this was a great thing to do for Nova Scotia.  But here in Pittsburgh, we are in need of financial support like this too.

The Carnegie LIbraries of Pittsburgh have been struggling to keep their doors open for years and the City of Pittsburgh as been forced to close pools, rec centers, and forego any type of real street paving for the last five years.  Where is Sid in Pittsburgh?  We need help, man!

Posted by John from Pittsburgh, PA (Wings fan for life!) on 07/08/11 at 11:57 AM ET

John's avatar

I just want to add and re-emphasize that this was a great thing for Sid to do.  I feel like my last post was a little b!tchy!

Way to help out, Sid!

Posted by John from Pittsburgh, PA (Wings fan for life!) on 07/08/11 at 12:00 PM ET

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

About The Confluence

Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.

Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.

I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins.  My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes.  I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.

If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-