The Confluence

Comrie Bumped to Fourth Line Tonight vs. Flyers

New Penguin Mike Comrie, who has been teamed up with Evgeni Malkin on the Penguins’ 2nd line since his arrival, looks to be bumped to the fourth line for tonight’s matchup against the rival Philadelphia Flyers.

Comrie hasn’t scored in his nine games on the ice with the Penguins, but does have four assists.  He was a healthy scratch in one game as well.

Filed in: , | The Confluence | Permalink
  Tags: nhl-hockey, pittsburgh+penguins

Comments

Evilpens's avatar

Mr. Duff’s time in Pittsburgh is quickly coming to an end

Posted by Evilpens on 10/29/10 at 01:17 PM ET

I haven’t seen him win one puck battle, and he seems impossibly slow to me for a small, shifty (?), offense-only player. He’s not exactly a liability yet on the ice, but he certainly detracts from what could be out there.

Posted by NathanBC on 10/29/10 at 01:31 PM ET

I am not ready to give up on him yet.  I think he will play well tonight in the role he is given.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 10/29/10 at 02:06 PM ET

In his 4th line, maybe 2nd powerplay role?

I feel like he may turn out to be an asset in somewhat the same way Satan made himself to be, at some point in the season.

Posted by NathanBC on 10/29/10 at 02:10 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

He’ll be waived when Staal comes back

Posted by Evilpens on 10/29/10 at 02:52 PM ET

Maybe he figures the team got him for half-price, so he only needs to give half-effort?

Posted by penguinsfan on 10/29/10 at 03:21 PM ET

Did he at least attempt one toe drag? Comrie’s season will not be complete without one toe drag that gets him no further than if he would have just skated with the puck.

PS
I do give him credit for his willingness to drop the gloves for a player not known for his grit.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 10/29/10 at 03:39 PM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

Won’t be long before he’s bumped out of Pittsburgh.

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 10/29/10 at 04:31 PM ET

Flashtastick56's avatar

Posted by Evilpens on 10/29/10 at 12:52 PM ET

Can’t you have up to 3 healthy scratches?  If so, I don’t know if they’ll waive him just yet.  I think they’ll put him on a healthy scratch rotation with Godard, Rupp and TK when Staal comes back.

At least until the trade deadline.  Then maybe they’ll waive him for cap purposes…but he’s only making $500K so, I don’t know about that either.

He’s a cheap, veteran depth player.  So…I’m just not so sure they’ll waive him so soon into the season.

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Meriden, CT on 10/29/10 at 04:52 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Well Flashastick If they want to save money for a Trade deadline move you have to save as much money as possible . Why waste that money & roster spot with a guy that has already been healthy scratched & tonight is 4th line only because Godard is sick.That is all in 10 games

Posted by Evilpens on 10/29/10 at 05:36 PM ET

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

About The Confluence

Welcome to The Confluence, a Pittsburgh Penguins blog since 2006.

Originally at Blogspot, then at MVN, TheConfluence has over 1500 articles reporting Penguins news as well as jumping on my soapbox to opine constructive Penguins criticism.

I am blogger- credentialed with the Pittsburgh Penguins.  My posts are regularly linked by hockey websites such as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Yahoo!‘s Puck Daddy, and I’ve done numerous guest blogger spots on such websites asthe New YorkTimes.  I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer.

If you’d like to follow me on Twitter-