Entries with the tag: daniel alfredsson
This morning’s Ottawa Senators stories:
- Sens lose 3-2 heartbreaker to Wings.
- Alfie begins working out his knee today after Friday’s surgery.
From Ken Warren of the Ottawa Citizen,
Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his right knee, the team announced Friday.
The news comes as a shock - on the eve of Saturday’s visit by the defending Stanley Cup champion Detroit Red Wings. Alfredsson, the toast of Sweden during the club’s opening two games to the season, wasn’t available for comment Friday morning.
The Senators said the surgery is designed to remove a bone chip in his right knee that was dislodged during Sunday’s 3-1 win over the Penguins.
He is expected to miss three to four weeks.
The Senators’ captain will be missed, but hopefully with discipline, the team can rally around each other to keep their heads up until Alfie returns after what we can only hope will be a speedy recovery.
Update - 12:45pm
More details on the situation from Murray and Hartsburg, the new top line, and Fisher will play Saturday.
- Ottawa beats Frolunda 4-1 in their final excitement-filled pre-season game.
- Fisher is injured in win, uncertain of his status for Saturday’s regular season opener.
- Alfredsson contract talks set to begin with an initial offer on Saturday from J.P. Barry.
- Sens lose depth as Isbister and Nikulin make plans of their own.