The Puck Stops Here

Early Playoff MVP

At least two games have been played in every first round playoff series and I am going to take this opportunity to make my first pick of the early playoff MVP.  Obviously it is extremely early in the playoffs and it is possible that the next game will significantly change my pick.

Today, I select Tuukka Rask of the Boston Bruins as the early playoff MVP.  Rask has held back the Red Wings offence.  He is posting a 1.02 GAA and a .966 saves percentage.  Those are incredible numbers.  Rask has been the best goalie in the NHL all season and given that he is just entering the prime years of his career, it is possible that he could establish himself as the best goalie in the NHL for years to come.  This season may only be the start.

Filed in: | The Puck Stops Here | Permalink

Comments

42jeff's avatar

Your’e declaring a playoff MVP after just two games?
Why not declare Keumper the MVP?  He’s perfect so far this playoffs

I’ve heard of small sample sizes..but good grief

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/22/14 at 06:05 AM ET

bigdee89's avatar

Rask has held back the Red Wings offence.

Dude did you watch the Wings this year ?  That’s not much of an accomplishment.

Posted by bigdee89 from The Great White North Eh? on 04/22/14 at 06:34 AM ET

Damn it dude…what have I told you about passive aggressively dissing the Red Wings?

Posted by redwingshomersLOL on 04/22/14 at 06:38 AM ET

This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever read.

Posted by George0211 on 04/22/14 at 07:18 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Rask ...LOL

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/22/14 at 07:42 AM ET

Rask lets in two.. Howard let’s in 4.. on More shots… big deal lmao…

Posted by Pasha1277 on 04/22/14 at 09:01 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

Christ guys, defensive much?

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 04/22/14 at 09:05 AM ET

Christ guys, defensive much?

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 04/22/14 at 10:05 AM ET

I personally, am not being defensive, I just think that naming an MVP after 2 games is silly.
Might as well name Lucic an MVP, for re-arranging DK’s nuts.

Posted by George0211 on 04/22/14 at 09:07 AM ET

awould's avatar

Might as well name Lucic an MVP, for re-arranging DK’s nuts.

I NOW consider Lucic the MVP