Oil Patch

Oil Change Season 2 Promo : Updated

The Edmonton Oilers’ successful series Oil Change will be back for a second season this fall but this time on Sportsnet and Edmonton’s Citytv. The first episode will be on Citytv Edmonton Friday, Oct. 21 at 8pm MST and then again on Sportsnet West Sunday, Oct. 23 at 11pm MST. This promo features comments from Taylor Chorney lost today on waivers to the St. Louis Blues and a sneak peak at what the Oilers’ think tank discussed during the off-season.

EDIT: After submitting questions to Aquila Productions, the people who bring you Oil Change, there are currently no plans to sell the series on DVD but you can watch past episodes on the Oilers website. For those of you in the US, yes, the NHL network will also air the show

Filed in: Edmonton Oilers, | Oil Patch | Permalink

Comments

You wouldn’t know if there’s plans to release the first season of Oil Change on dvd or anything at all would you? That’d be awesome. Thanks!

Posted by Grover from ON, CAN on 10/11/11 at 11:56 PM ET

Lisa Brown's avatar

I think they will, but am quite surprised its not out yet. Players have talked about receiving dvds, and even I have been given a couple.

Hopefully it will be released soon, perhaps they are waiting to sell seasons one and two together since they are only a few episodes each. Might be more economical than manufacturing and selling individually. I’ll update as soon as I learn anything.

Posted by Lisa Brown on 10/12/11 at 12:15 AM ET

NHLJeff's avatar

Amy word on whether they’ll be showing it on NHL Network in the US again?

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Chicago, IL on 10/12/11 at 03:52 AM ET

“I’m worried about that guy with our kids.” Who!!

Posted by tjosie from korea on 10/12/11 at 04:35 AM ET

I thought this series was incredible last year, and that’s as a non Oiler fan. I couldn’t wait for the next episode!

Any idea if Oilers TV will offer this online too?

Posted by stephen on 10/12/11 at 08:55 AM ET

ā€œIā€™m worried about that guy with our kids.ā€ Who!!

Posted by tjosie from korea on 10/12/11 at 03:35 AM ET

Konopka, Zenon

Posted by Di-Hard oilfan from Bonnyville Alberta on 10/12/11 at 09:22 AM ET

Lisa Brown's avatar

I have submit a few questions to Aquila, hopefully I can answer some questions about the DVDs and watching outside of Canada.

I don’t see why the Oilers wouldn’t put the episodes on their website after they have been aired on television.

As to who they want to keep away from the youth, my money is on Sheldon Souray who was bought out this summer.

Posted by Lisa Brown on 10/12/11 at 10:43 AM ET

Lisa Brown's avatar

Looks like I was wrong about the DVDs, I have added a quick update for those in the US. Thanks everyone!

Posted by Lisa Brown on 10/12/11 at 12:33 PM ET

Thanks Lisa!

Posted by Grover from ON, CAN on 10/12/11 at 01:13 PM ET

Lisa Brown's avatar

You’re most welcome Grover. I’m shocked about the DVDs. I thought they would be money!

Posted by Lisa Brown on 10/12/11 at 01:42 PM ET

About Oil Patch

Lisa McRitchie is a fairly new writer, online at least, but makes up for inexperience with passion for the game of hockey and memories of Mrs. Leskiw’s English AP class; who knew they would pay off one day.

Oil Patch focuses on the Edmonton Oilers, the Edmonton Oil Kings, The Oklahoma City Barons and Team Canada Hockey with game coverage, news updates, speculation and interviews.

Although the Oilers have had a difficult past decade… or three, here at Oil Patch, the future looks bright.

You can subscribe to the RSS feed here

Follow on Twitter @lisamcritchie