by Forechecker on 10/14/08 at 02:35 PM ET
For those fans who have been frustrated with NHL teams and their lack of disclosure regarding injury information (usually getting no more specific than “upper body injury”), this year’s league policy is at least honest and forthright in declaring team rights to keep the public in the dark:
Clubs no longer are required to disclose the specific nature of player injuries. Clubs are, however, required to disclose that a player is expected to miss a game due to injury, or will not return to a game following an injury. Clubs are prohibited from providing untruthful information about the nature of a player injury or otherwise misrepresenting a player’s condition.
This being the case, Nashville Predators fans are left wondering exactly what happened to Jason Arnott last night. He didn’t play at all in the third period, and word from the team was that he would be day-to-day with a “jammed hand”, whatever that is.
So in the interest of completely idle speculation as to exactly what could be going on with the Predators captain, I’d like to present…
Top Five Diagnoses for Jason Arnott’s “Jammed Hand”
5. Jealous of the attention that Darren McCarty and Brendan Witt are getting in “Inked” magazine, Arnie took the 3rd period off to get some body art done.
4. It’s actually his Jammin’ hand, meaning he injured it playing too much Guitar Hero.
3. Told Swedish rookie Patric Hornqvist to “pull my finger”.
2. Has Tony Romo on his fantasy football team, and punched the wall when he found out Romo’s on the shelf for a few weeks.
1. He’s no Ted Leonsis; during the 2nd intermission, he got it caught in a vending machine.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.