KK Members Blog
by YOUNG PUCK on 05/13/13 at 07:33 PM ET
- The Caps were thinking what exactly trading for Erat? Brooks Laich's "tenure and term" is insanity too.
- I don't believe Philly and Vancouver have any choice but to amnesty Bryzgalov and Luongo. Maybe they'll trade them and their new teams will amnesty them after next year. Unless there's some rule against that.
- I thought I was listening to Chicago radio with all the people picking Chicago over Detroit. It was Detroit radio, though. I'm sure everyone picked the Ducks over the Wings in 2002 too, right? I picked Detroit in 6 immediately after this match-up became official. Frankly I was more worried about Chicago's 2009 team.
- Kinda makes sense SJ looks pretty determined. Joe Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski and Dan Boyle are all UFA's after next season. Couture needs to paid then too but he is an RFA.
- Does Jimmy Howard deserve anything more than Niemi? Niemi has won a cup and is currently a Vezina finalist. He has also beaten Jimmy Howard in the playoffs. Jimmy Howard hasn't even been to the conference finals.
- Losing Datsyuk after next year would be painful for Detroit but a good way to move on would be to sign Claude Giroux and Kessel. Almost positive some big names will be interested in Detroit now that they're out of the West.
- Matt Duchene took less money than Gabriel Landeskog's entry level deal. Some people just really don't care about money. Like, at all. Kinda amazed that Stamkos would take less money and years than Lecavalier got too.
- St Louis has Chris Stewart, Shattenkirk, Petrangelo and Pat Berglund to re-sign. That's a huge chunk of change right there. Trading Halak makes sense. Got a feeling when its all said and done after next year, J-bo, Petrangelo and Shattenkirk all make around the same money. That means 2 pay increases and 1 pay decrease. This is assuming Bo re-signs which I think he will.
- Does Anaheim have any buyer's remorse for the Getzlaf and Perry deals? Palmieri, Etem, Bonino, Winnik and Cogliano were the straws that stirred the Duck's drink in the 1st round. It would shock me if Selanne doesn't retire too.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About KK Members Blog
If you want to be a hockey writer, be our special guest!
How to Post
We only ask that you avoid profanity, and that you're careful to credit your sources -- news media or other bloggers -- and provide links to those other sites when appropriate.
Need help? Check out our help page.