KK Members Blog

Crosby Cleared For Contact

Looks like Sid has been cleared for contact and could be playing soon.

From the Penguins website,

Penguins captain Sidney Crosby has been cleared for full contact, but there is not timetable for a possible return to the lineup.

“I was cleared to do contact,” Crosby said. “We’ll see how that goes. There is no real timetable, but it’s a good step. Hopefully, I can keep the momentum and get out there soon.”

Crosby, who has been out of the lineup since Dec. 6 with concussion-like symptoms and a neck injury, has been symptom free for “a few days” and resumed contact practice with his teammates Tuesday afternoon.

“I’ve been through this before,” Crosby said. “Contact is the big step. It’s nice to be symptom free, but it’s not as fulfilling until you get out there. I just want to make sure that I take the right steps here and get back out there soon.”

More of the story

Filed in: NHL Teams, Pittsburgh Penguins, | KK Members Blog | Permalink
  Tags: sidney+crosby

Comments

mrfluffy's avatar

Symptom free for a few days and already cleared for contact?

What do you Pens fans think of this?

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 03/06/12 at 03:58 PM ET

it’s so hard to decypher what a lot of this means.  I agree a few days is not a large sample but I can’t remember who it was but they said in an interview that Sid was getting “bumped” around practice for a couple weeks.

I’m guessing they will try to keep things quite and get him out without too much fanfare.  After his last comeback attempt I would play this pretty low-key.

Posted by tbassett on 03/06/12 at 04:08 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

I think he has been fine for a while Beat reporters said he looked GREAT in practice, Now they are taking the next step. Still worried but feel better now that real Drs. have found the real problem & have treated it

Posted by Evilpens on 03/06/12 at 04:37 PM ET

What do you Pens fans think of this?

A really good question, but after all that has gone on, as long as this has dragged on, I don’t know what to think.  Seems a little soon, but who knows at this point.

Posted by Lex Talionis on 03/06/12 at 04:41 PM ET

What do you Pens fans think of this?

Hard not to be excitted.  The pens are playing great, and adding Crosby to the lineup only makes them that much better.  I am also curious to see who plays on Sids wings.  Dupuis is most likely on one side, but not sure who Dan will put on the other.  Maybe Cooke.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 03/06/12 at 04:59 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

GtoL 60/40 it will be Kunitz because that is who Likes to play on his line Kunitz & Dupuis

Posted by Evilpens on 03/06/12 at 05:33 PM ET

Tony's avatar

Just from checking websites + Twitter so far, pretty clear that the vast majority of fans, while obviously happy with, are very cautious at the same time….

Posted by Tony from Virginia Beach, VA on 03/06/12 at 06:21 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

that’s where I am Tony ! Happy but apprehensive

Posted by Evilpens on 03/06/12 at 07:31 PM ET

JMK's avatar

What do you Pens fans think of this?

Personally, I think he should sit out for the rest of the season (pre- and post-) and just get healthy.  We don’t need a Lindros.

But I’m not a doctor, I don’t know Sidney, nor do have any professional experience on which to base my opinion.  raspberry

Posted by JMK on 03/06/12 at 08:09 PM ET

Like everyone else, I’m excited but cautious.  Just hope that he doesn’t come back and then have to go out of the line up again.

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 03/06/12 at 09:09 PM ET

Primis's avatar

This can’t end well… it’s too soon.

Posted by Primis on 03/07/12 at 12:58 PM ET

About KK Members Blog

If you want to be a hockey writer, be our special guest!

We’re giving the KK community a chance to add their two-bits. Sign up to be a KK member, write your piece, and be heard right here on one of the Internet’s most visited hockey news websites.

How to Post

More details here. But basically, just use the posting page to write anything you like on what's going on in the hockey news or your analysis of the NHL and your favorite team.

We only ask that you avoid profanity, and that you're careful to credit your sources -- news media or other bloggers -- and provide links to those other sites when appropriate.

Need help? Check out our help page.