KK Members Blog

Barry Trotz = A Class Act

From a Pete Weber Tweet.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Nashville Predators, | KK Members Blog | Permalink
  Tags: barry+trotz

Comments

Barry Trotz is and always has been a classy guy. It has been easy to hate other coaches forever (Therrien is a crybaby; Bylsma is an arrogant, smug prick; Quenneville is a tool; Marc Crawford - say no more…). Anyways, despite being a Central Division opponent for so many years, I found it difficult to ever dislike the guy. He just seems like a good guy.

I think it’s a mistake for Nashville but it might have been time for a new voice. Anyways, he’ll be the first guy hired after this season.

Posted by VitoLambruski on 04/20/14 at 01:38 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Posted by VitoLambruski on 04/20/14 at 02:38 PM ET

Well put, Vito. Trotz is definitely a class act and sharp as they come—any team is lucky to have him as a coach.

Posted by SK77 on 04/20/14 at 01:53 PM ET

Jaromir Blogger's avatar

I just had this image of Trotz behind the Capitals’ bench. I wonder what that would be like.

And yeah, Trotz is a very good coach and this is a very nice gesture on his part.

Posted by Jaromir Blogger on 04/20/14 at 06:24 PM ET

Many great battles with Trotz and NSH.  Just one of the few coaches I can’t work up a hate for.

Posted by jaromirblogger on 04/20/14 at 07:24 PM ET

Anywhere but TO, which probably means he’ll end up in TO.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 04/24/14 at 03:51 PM ET

@TheJimP19's avatar

He did the best he could do considering the bargain basement rosters he was given year after year.  David Poile is the problem there, not Trotz, but the coach is the first to go in situations like that.  If they don’t make the playoffs next season, Poile may go.

Posted by @TheJimP19 from transplanted in Nashville on 05/24/14 at 11:02 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

I never did admire the Predators or their commentators, whom I’m sure were just bad at calling football and fell into their jobs, but damn did I admire Barry Trotz.  I consider him to be among the top three active coaches in the last ten years.  Classy guy, amazing at strategerie.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 08/16/14 at 03:01 AM ET

About KK Members Blog

If you want to be a hockey writer, be our special guest!

We’re giving the KK community a chance to add their two-bits. Sign up to be a KK member, write your piece, and be heard right here on one of the Internet’s most visited hockey news websites.

How to Post

More details here. But basically, just use the posting page to write anything you like on what's going on in the hockey news or your analysis of the NHL and your favorite team.

We only ask that you avoid profanity, and that you're careful to credit your sources -- news media or other bloggers -- and provide links to those other sites when appropriate.

Need help? Check out our help page.