KK Members Blog

10/10/2013 GDT: Detroit Red Wings vs. Phoenix Coyotes

GDT: Detroit Red Wings (2-1-0; 4 pts) vs. Phoenix Quebec Seattle Arizona Phoenix Coyotes (1-2-0; 2 pts)

[When] 7:30pm EST, 4:30pm Coyote Time

[Where] Joe Louis Arena (Detroit, MI)

[Catch It] TV: NHLN-US, FS-D; Radio: AM1270

Oliver Ekman-Larrson - Zbynek Michalek

Keith Yandle - Michael Stone

David Schlemko - David Rundblad

Michael Smith

[Team Stats]

*All stats courtesy of NHL.com

** All logos, trademarks, and wordmarks are property of their respective owners

Filed in: NHL Teams, d, Detroit Red Wings, | KK Members Blog | Permalink

Comments

RedMenace's avatar

Sorry if this is a bit messy/amateur/whatever… it’s my first go at something like this, so feel free to point out anything that may be improved. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/10/13 at 10:18 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Red Menace, are you picking up the GDT? If so, good luck, and looks good so far.

I had to laugh, over at NHL.com they have a headline: “Wings / Coyotes Prepare to Renew Rivalry”

Yes…that…rivalry…it was such a ...good one. So many ...memories.

What is with the NHL trying to push every friggin’ game as a “rivalry”? Did some marketing genius convince them that placing the word in front of every game would guarantee 50% more viewers?

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/10/13 at 10:21 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Winger, that’s the preliminary plan, pending The Chief’s approval of course.

And thanks, I’m really going to need it.

I was watching a game on NBCvsOLN, and they were trying to push the “storied” Chicago vs. St. Louis rivalry. O_o

They interviewed some players to talk it up… I was underwhelmed, to say the least.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/10/13 at 10:25 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Also, as soon as my posting ability is approved, I’m going to clean up the format a bit; this was a bit of a panic job, so it’s not as tidy as it needs to be.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/10/13 at 10:29 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Bugger, forgot to add FS-A (Fox Sports Arizona) and KMVP 860 AM for Coyotes’ feeds.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/10/13 at 10:35 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/10/13 at 11:25 AM ET

CHI/STL is a rivalry that transcends just hockey.  Ask Cards and Cubs fans about that, that’s a naaaaasty one.  I would say it’s a legit rivalry, moreso now that DET has gone east even.  STL is the lone remaining Norris team in the Central now.

DET/PHX though is a rivalry in the same vein as Hammer/Nail (and not even in that idiot Chicago sportswriter’s definition from last spring, but in the legit sense).

Posted by Primis on 10/10/13 at 10:41 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Primis on 10/10/13 at 11:41 AM ET

Oh, I know it’s a legit rivalry, but at least in the recent past it hasn’t been quite as “intense” as they’re trying to make it out to be.

Perhaps I shouldn’t have air-quoted “rivalry” initially.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/10/13 at 10:44 AM ET

dougie's avatar

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Fuch that. There is no such thing as “constructive” criticism. It’s just criticism.Period.

Hell, If you are the one stepping to the plate for this gargantuan task, do it the way that it pleases you, and keep it fun for yourself. Thanks for taking the time and making the effort.

Posted by dougie on 10/10/13 at 10:52 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/10/13 at 11:18 AM ET

It’s all good RedMenace. It’s nice to see a rookie on the Team. Paul is looking smarter than KH. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/10/13 at 10:56 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

... keep it fun for yourself.

Posted by dougie on 10/10/13 at 11:52 AM ET

Yeah, I’m a pro at dropping something if it stops being fun… heh.

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/10/13 at 11:56 AM ET

I figured I’d like to contribute to the site in some way; I mean, I know this isn’t nearly as good as money, but I don’t have any of that.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/10/13 at 10:59 AM ET

dougie's avatar

Yeah, I’m a pro at dropping something if it stops being fun… heh.

So THAT explains the half a fifth of fireball bourbon you left in my cabin freezer during the playoffs last season. Don’t worry, it will be there when you return wink

Posted by dougie on 10/10/13 at 11:07 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by dougie on 10/10/13 at 12:07 PM ET

You know, I totally forgot about that. Good to know I won’t have to restock for the next time… :-p

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/10/13 at 11:14 AM ET

SnLO's avatar

it’s my first go at something like this

off to a good start.

What is with the NHL trying to push every friggin’ game as a “rivalry”?

that is exactly my thoughts on it as I’ve observed the match-ups on NBCSN “Rivalry Night” every week. Every game is against a rival. Each NHL team has 29 other rivals. At least until teams are added to Vegas and Seattle, then the number will up to 31 each.  wink

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 10/10/13 at 11:39 AM ET

sjketcheson's avatar

Thanks for picking up the GDTs!

Posted by sjketcheson from the floor of the Hasek on 10/10/13 at 11:47 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

This is the matchup my fantasy team dreads. I have Howard and Smith.

Also, I’m glad I did not buy gamecenter, but instead purchased another source to stream hockey. This would be the second Wings game I wouldn’t be able to watch due to it being on NHL-N.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 10/10/13 at 12:23 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Looks spiffy Red.  Thanks for putting on the skates.

Whoa, the Bert’s Buckets o’GoalsAgainst line leads the team in worst +/- along with the Turnstile.  Just makes you wonder what could be done to make the third line faster and more dynamic, eh?

Coyotes are rivals eh?  Man that reminds of all the times we faced them in the conference finals…........

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/10/13 at 12:28 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

good go, Red.

//two thumbs-up//

grin

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/10/13 at 12:50 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

Very nice, RedMenace - thanks.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 10/10/13 at 02:56 PM ET