The Sabres Observer
by @DaveDavisHockey on 09/08/11 at 04:11 PM ET
He jokingly claims to use grease from Buffalo chicken wings as hair gel. He smugly predicts that his bold decision to install beverage shelves above the urinals at First Niagara Center for Sabres home games will earn him NHL Executive Of The Year honors. He is none other than Buffalo Sabres President Ted Black.
Around 1800 fans checked in this morning to the online chat starring one of the most beloved people in Sabres Nation. Read on for some highlights of what Black told us…
• The players will report to training camp on 9/16 and hit the ice for the first time on 9/17.
• Dominik Hasek’s jersey will likely be raised to the rafters, but it probably won’t happen until his playing career has ended.
• A record 50,000 tickets have been sold in mini-pack plans. The Sabres have a season ticket base of 15,200.
• There will be a special “Puck Drop” event for fans for the 9/28 evening practice.
• Season tickets can be picked up beginning 9/12, with the rest being mailed 9/21.
• There will be about a dozen special deliveries of season tickets from players/coaches.
• To honor the end of the Slug Era, the Sabres will hold a “Slug Appreciation Day” on 9/19. Fans wearing slug merchandise will get a 41% discount to purchase similar items with the current design.
• The Sabres will host a “Pucktoberfest” on 10/8 at the First Niagara Center. Buffalo will be facing the LA Kings that day in Germany, and Sabres fans will be able to head down to the FNC to watch it on the big screen.
• There will be new food offerings at the concession stands.
• Plans are in the works to improve the design of the Sabres Store. One possibility includes an outer entrance for easier access.
Black also announced that he will hold two “twitter chats” with fans, on 9/16 at 11:00 am and 9/21 at 2:00 pm.
Follow me on twitter: @DaveDavisHockey
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Sabres Observer
Dave Davis has covered the Buffalo Sabres for various NHL accredited websites and newspapers since 2003. He was the senior writer and Sabres correspondent for The Fourth Period, covered hockey for Western New York Sports and Leisure Magazine, and has had articles featured on NHL.com, FOX Sports, Yahoo Sports and in New York Sportscene. Sabres news and notes can be found on his Twitter page.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: [@DaveDavisHockey]