The Malik Report

Here’s Red Wings coach Mike Babcock’s appearance on NHL Live

I may be sniffly, but I’m not completely out of it. After the jump you’ll find the audio/video of Red Wings coach Mike Babcock’s appearance on NHL Live. He may or may not have talked to E.J. Hradek and Bill Pidto about free agency and the state of the Wings at present, and it’s good to hear Babcock say that the first person who has to improve after a disappointing playoff run is the coach:

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

RWBill's avatar

He has always talked about accountability starting with the coaches, even when it was obvious players were slacking.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 06/28/12 at 08:44 PM ET

Great interview by babcock and the best state of the state address I heard lately to break down the wings.  Also glad to hear him say he needs to get better because I didn’t hear that immediately after they lost; I heard most blame essentially go on the players and managment for not providing players.

Posted by longtimewingsfan from mi on 06/28/12 at 08:54 PM ET

Good luck on finding the next Asst. Coach, Uncle Mike.  You’re gonna need it.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 06/28/12 at 09:31 PM ET

drimo's avatar

“D plan.”  I think you speak for all of us when you say “D plan” would be unacceptable, Mike.

Posted by drimo from Cincinnati, OH on 06/28/12 at 09:43 PM ET

AT&T UVerse it’s about time to settle with the NHL Network…it’d be nice to DVR this type of show again.

Posted by dca from in Mich on 06/28/12 at 11:52 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

D Plan scares the f*ck out of me. I’m rooting for plans A and/or B.

Sorry about whining about being ill. When I have serious anxiety issues, the first thing my brain says is, “I want to go to bed,” but man, having to go in bed and stay there for almost two days is anything but desirable. At least when one sleeps alone.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 06/29/12 at 12:08 AM ET

Anything other than plan A scares the crap out of me. Suter is Plan A on Defense, there is no acceptable plan B on D.

As for on Offense, I dont think we are getting Parise so we are already on Plan B

Posted by Kris Wood from Redford, MI on 06/29/12 at 12:15 PM ET