Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 06/23/12 at 04:25 PM ET
Bob McKenzie’s twitter account is on fire and I would expect the vast majority of you do follow him but in case you missed it, here it goes…
• Justin Schultz becomes UFA at midnight Sunday night. Blue-chip D prospect to meet with agent(s) in Toronto on Tuesday. Will field offers Wed
• Teams interested in Rick Nash say asking price remains high and there’s no sense out of CBJ anything is imminent. Likely to be post-July 1.
• PHX D Keith Yandle was most certainly in play for trade, steep asking price, now looks as tho PHX has pulled him back…for now anyway.
• I assumed when PIT made big moves to clear cap space, it was for a run at UFA Parise but it seems UFA Suter is more likely primary target.
• Contrary to rumors, tho, PIT management told me there are no plans to deal for Suter/Parise rights pre-July 1. Will take chances July 1.
• FLA and TOR likely 2 most interested teams in Luongo but believe price is too steep. VAN says things are progressing but seem in no rush.
• Just a hunch, but I would suspect Corey Schneider will sign new deal BEFORE any Luongo deal is done. Schneider negotiations ongoing.
• Negotiations between WPG and Ondrej Pavelec will resume now that draft is over. Getting down to the nitty gritty now. Pavelec has KHL offer.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org