What’s On Your Mind?

This post is for you, the KK member, reader or follower.

What’s been your observations of the season so far?  Surprises, disappointments, anything you want to get off your chest?

Leave a comment below and let’s get the ball rolling.

One thing which is hard not to notice is the players are without a doubt letting up on some hits, taking the body instead of taking the body out of the game, and that my friends is a good thing.

Filed in: NHL Teams, NHL Talk, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Lindas1st's avatar

Let’s Go Pens!!!

A very good start soo far.

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 10/27/11 at 01:13 PM ET

PenguinJuice's avatar

Is the trap starting to die out a bit, even the teams that are trap heavy seem to have adjusted it a little. Or is it a lack of great goal tending? It is time to strike while the iron is hot, shrink the goalie gear, we need some one to crack 70 goals again.

Posted by PenguinJuice on 10/27/11 at 01:16 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Very much so. Hits have their time and place, but also need smarts applied to them. Most big hitters are dumber than a bag of Phan…er…hammers.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 10/27/11 at 01:29 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Thanks for the outlet ...

So the Habs and Bruins play tonight, a big game if for no other reason than the wonderful playoff series they had last year. And the NHL does not allow the game to be shown on Center Ice?!?!

This is Bettman and Co’s way of trying to get the diehard fan to get both Center Ice and the NHL Network, if NHLN is not provided by your cable provider (which mine does not).

Isn’t paying $175 per year for NHLCI enough??? Even after paying that, I can’t watch bruins/Habs tonight.

I swear, NHL, it would be nearly impossible to lose me as a fan. But keep this sh** up, and it will happen.

Congratulations, that would take a herculean effort…but you’re about to do it. Get your heads out of your asses, you greedy bastards!

What a load of BS!!!

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/27/11 at 01:43 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Dion Phaneuf is a lock for the Vezina this year.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 10/27/11 at 02:11 PM ET

Dion Phaneuf is a lock for the Vezina this year.
Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Lidstrom’s head telling him 1 more year on 10/27/11 at 12:11 PM ET

Too early.

Posted by NathanBC on 10/27/11 at 02:42 PM ET

fighting.

I know the talk has died down a little in the last few weeks, but I have an idea to maybe curb it a little bit.  Let me say that in no way would I want fighting removed from the game, but it seems as the years go on the fights have a whole lot less meaning to them.  A lot of them don’t even have anything to do with whats happening on the ice.  I’m talking about the types of fights where Aaron Downy would fight Kris Barch every time the Wings and Stars played just because that’s what they did every time they played each other.  The fights were even followed up with a pat on the back.  Lame.

Here is my idea,
players are only able to fight 8 times per year. (once per 10 games)
After that they receive a fine or a suspension.
This would make fights more meaningful (defending are star players or oneself) because players/coaches wouldn’t want the fights to be wasted.
It would relieve the the stress of the players who fight, knowing that they don’t have to do it every game.
Coaches would put fourth more competitive line ups depending on the opponent.
Saving the fights for the end of the season, might draw more attention to bigger games, and games that mean more in the standings.

Just an idea, the bottom line is putting a cap on fights per player per season.

Posted by Jdunc from Flint, MI on 10/27/11 at 02:58 PM ET

TheFreak's avatar

Just an idea, the bottom line is putting a cap on fights per player per season.

Don’t like it. The conference/division teams are in can have some pretty nasty games to get in playoffs. Teams could look at team A and see that their goon has already had 7 fights and they may or may not get him to fight - taking up that eighth fight spot. Then that same team (or other teams) may have a few more games against the team with their goon now having 8 fights an could take liberties against that team. With 82 games a season, 8 against teams in own division and once against every team in the league, there’s a lot more chances to take liberties on team.

Other factors come into play as well. Fighting then has a stigma and before you know it, will be banned all together. By taking some action on it is only the first step. Just look at other issues NHL started to look at recently and taking issue on.

Posted by TheFreak on 10/27/11 at 03:39 PM ET

christpuncher's avatar

I miss my Red Wings bloggers. Yes, I know the issues, no, I’m not saying anyone is a bad person or calling for drastic measures or anything like that. Just simply stating that i love to read “my guys’” work. I miss having every possible ounce of news and info on my favorite team at my fingertips, and i miss having someone flipping the bird to the rest of the league for me…

Get well soon GJM

Come around more often (if possible) Chief!

Posted by christpuncher from Detroit, MI on 10/27/11 at 08:03 PM ET

Posted by Red Winger from oft-injured shitsacks and half-evolved apes on 10/27/11 at 11:43 AM ET

Yeah, I’m having the same problem with Gamcenter Live.  I can understand the VS. and NBC games being blacked out, but the NHL owns NHL Network.  It makes no sense to have those games blacked out.

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 10/27/11 at 11:04 PM ET