Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 10/05/11 at 11:30 AM ET
Detroit, MI… The 2011-12 NHL campaign is right around the corner and Detroit Red Wings fans are about to be treated to a whole new game day experience at Joe Louis Arena. A new-and-improved customer service program, compelling in-game activities, exciting giveaway promotions and extensive renovations at the arena itself are but a few of the improvements citizens of Hockeytown can look forward to enjoying during the upcoming season.
“Whether it’s a complete renovation of a large area of our suite level or the first impression of how we greet our guests, our focus this year will be trying to control the little things - the attention to detail and all the moments where we interact with people,” says Olympia Entertainment President & CEO Tom Wilson. “We very much want to cultivate a championship-caliber lineup off the ice and do everything possible to show our fans how much we appreciate their continued loyalty.”
Changes fans can look forward to this season include:
- Implementation of ‘Guest Connect’, a new customer service program designed to optimize fan satisfaction
- Arena doors opening 90 minutes prior to puck drop
- Renovation of several concession stands throughout the arena
- Nightly-branded promotions, including Military Mondays, Two-Fer Tuesdays, Bobblehead Thursdays, Fathead Fridays, Meijer Kids Nights and Social Saturdays
- A new Bud Light club area on the suite level at JLA
- An enhanced sound system with additional speakers which will provide better audio quality throughout the arena
- Expanded menu in the Executive Suites which will include a build-your-own Tex-Mex option entitled ‘Fiesta in the D’ as well as gourmet-style dessert options such as Bananas Foster
- Entertaining new intermission events, including remote control truck races and the ‘Motor City Music Minute’ along with the traditional and popular youth shootout and Score-O.
- A new DAS (distributed antenna system) which will allow for better AT&T cell coverage throughout the building
- The new Volunteer Energy Red Patrol - an energetic promo team designed to amp up the crowd and coordinate all in-arena activities
- Refurbishment of select merchandise stands
- The addition of a family restroom on the East end of the JLA concourse
- The ability to provide instant fan feedback on the in-game experience, as Red Wings Executive Producer, Event Entertainment Ayron Sequeira will be accepting suggestions/comments via her Twitter feed at @AyronAtTheWings. The Joe’s longtime DJ T. Campbell will be also be taking in-game song requests via Twitter (@TheHockeyJockey)
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org