Video- Boston/Atlanta Brawl

Brought to you by Jack Edwards.

See the penalty log for the 3rd period below…

added 11:10pm, from Matt Kalman of The Bruins Blog,

Bruins forward Milan Lucic:

“I mean … it was a high hit for sure. I was bleeding from the lip and after a hit like that … I mean that was the second time he has done that. He’s hit me late. He’s hit me cheap. Now that’s the second time. I mean, you can’t give a guy a free pass too many times, but I’m happy that we stuck together as a group and as a team. … For myself personally, a match penalty, so I will do whatever I can …y ou know… to face the consequences.”

more talk...

16:54 Boston Marc Savard: 10 minutes, game misconduct
16:59 Boston Andrew Ference: 2 minutes, roughing
16:59 Boston Andrew Ference: 5 minutes, fighting
16:59 Boston Andrew Ference: 10 minutes, game misconduct
16:59 Atlanta Tim Stapleton: 2 minutes, too many men/ice - bench

Filed in: NHL Teams, Atlanta Thrashers, Boston Bruins, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

phillyd's avatar

First, there was no elbow by Myers so that was a phantom call and second, how long do we think Lucic will be suspended for that sucker punch? I say 2 games since that seems to be the consistent number.

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 12/24/10 at 12:24 AM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

Jerk Edwards should be thrown off the air just on GP alone. He suck an @$$hole.

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 12/24/10 at 01:01 AM ET

Tony's avatar

Jerk Edwards should be thrown off the air just on GP alone. He suck an @$$hole.

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 12/23/10 at 11:01 PM ET

He is absolutely horrible….

Sure, arguably all broadcast teams are homers in one way or another, but Edwards is the absolute worst…..

Posted by Tony from Virginia Beach, VA on 12/24/10 at 01:19 AM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

WHAT A HOMER. GOD.  all the bruins got destroyed in those exchange.  That was a clean hit on lucic, and the fact that hes whining about it after all the dirty hits hes thrown is a testament to his sportsmanship. If you cant take it, dont dish it.

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 12/24/10 at 05:31 AM ET

goon's avatar

Go back and watch the video again, Meyer hit Lucic up high…

Posted by goon from Grand Forks, ND on 12/24/10 at 10:12 AM ET

Pharazon's avatar

god Jack Edwards is a tool..

Posted by Pharazon from England on 12/24/10 at 10:31 AM ET

goon's avatar

Come Pharazon, Jack Edwards is one of the best announcers in the NHL… smile

Posted by goon from Grand Forks, ND on 12/24/10 at 12:25 PM ET

That was absolutely not an elbow. If Lucic’s lip got cut its because while Meyer through a perfectly clean hit these idiots jumped him and he got punched a few times.

Posted by Kstewy16 on 12/24/10 at 12:26 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Lucic has a meeting scheduled with the NHL this Sunday.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/24/10 at 12:26 PM ET