Video- Tyler Myers Hit On Dainius Zubrus

No penalty on the play.

from Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice,

Zubrus was leaning forward trying to reach for the puck when Myers hit him with his upper right arm/elbow. Zubrus didn’t think that Myers attempted to play the puck at all. No penalty was called.

“I know I was reaching for the puck,” he said. “I know I never had possession of it and instead of playing the puck, I think he just went after me. I asked the refs and they said they didn’t want to guess and make the wrong call. You guys saw it better than I did probably.”

Filed in: NHL Teams, Buffalo Sabres, New Jersey Devils, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: dainius+zubrus, tyler+myers

Comments

Crow's avatar

Point of contact was the head.  Should be suspended.  Shanny is going to get another earful from the Sabres.

Posted by Crow on 11/17/11 at 03:22 AM ET

That was worse than the Brendan Smith hit…by far. 50 GAMES!!

Posted by godblender on 11/17/11 at 04:09 AM ET

Pretty much exact same hit as Torres on Eberle last season.  Torres got 2 regular season games plus 2 playoff games.

It’s not the preseason, so Myers won’t get 10 games.

Myers is not a Bruin, so he is not exempt from being suspended.

I’m guessing 2 games.

Posted by Jerry on 11/17/11 at 05:42 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Has anyone consulted physicist Chrissie Pronger yet?

Posted by Primis on 11/17/11 at 11:09 AM ET

Chris from NOHS's avatar

He reached out at the last second, I’m ok with no penalty.

Posted by Chris from NOHS from Columbus, OH/Grand Rapids, MI on 11/17/11 at 02:52 PM ET

Wow, anyone calling penalty/suspension on this hit should be suspended from life.

Posted by xploddan from Sverige on 11/18/11 at 11:11 PM ET