Video- Tootoo Gets Two Games

Brendan Shanahan explains the two game suspension.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Nashville Predators, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: jordin+tootoo

Comments

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

at least now he’s officially a repeat offender if anymore infractions…

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 12/06/11 at 04:49 PM ET

While I’m glad he got suspended, as I keep watching that replay, it doesn’t seem to me that Jordin Tootoo actually had the puck knocked off his stick at all.  It almost seems like he just left the puck there and had no intention of even bringing the puck to the net.  It makes me wonder if he thought that since a defender is behind him, he could get away with pretending like he was forced into the goaltender, rather than actually trying to get a shot on net.

Pure speculation on my part, since I don’t know his motives, but it does appear to me that creating a shot was not actually what he was trying to do there.  I’d have like to see maybe a couple more games, but I guess then we wouldn’t be able to have spiffy newspaper headlines reading something like “Two for Tootoo”

Posted by BuzzFledderjohn on 12/06/11 at 06:10 PM ET

For a second there I thought it read ‘Lucic Gets Two Games.’

Posted by Jesters Dead on 12/06/11 at 06:22 PM ET

This is getting out of hand. now a guy gets suspended for hitting a goal tender. that’s BS. I’m a wings fan and i can’t stand Nashville or Too too but this is laughable. Shannahan should shut the f up with his explanations. Oh so you feel like he could have stopped. he tried to jump over Miller. I could see if he lowered his shoulder and intentionally smoked miller like the Boston player did early in the season which by the way garnered no suspension.

Shanahan is a clown and he fits right in with the NHL. Hey shanny maybe you should look in the dictionary and look up the word charector. You would see by definition you have non. You ask why do I say that. well Ask Craig Janey how he feels about Mr Shanny!!

Posted by Jason on 12/06/11 at 06:43 PM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

“Two for Tootoo”

That actually IS the headline over at TSN.ca

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 12/06/11 at 06:54 PM ET

YEAH!!!

Posted by Garth on 12/06/11 at 07:14 PM ET

Yup, that’s all it was.

Posted by Garth on 12/06/11 at 07:16 PM ET

BloatedBunny's avatar

Unless I’m mistaken, Tootoo’s hit occurred inside what is supposedly the “protected zone” in front of the goal, i.e. the goalie should not be touched under any circumstances.  Does that count for nothing?

In Shanahan’s explanation, he adjudicated Tootoo “made no effort to reduce the impact,” which I guess is the the League putting some of the onus for “occupational health and safety” back on its players.  Yes, the defenseman ideally would have checked Tootoo out of the way before the hit but the attacking player should also be aware of what’s happening.

Posted by BloatedBunny on 12/07/11 at 02:42 AM ET

hey Shanny Craig Janey called he wants his wife back.

Shanny is scum!!!!

Posted by Jason on 12/07/11 at 10:57 AM ET

goon's avatar

I am cool with the suspension.

Posted by goon from Grand Forks, ND on 12/07/11 at 04:32 PM ET