Video- It Takes A Goalie To Know A Goalie

Kevin Weekes names his top 8 goalies at this point in the NHL.

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

So I assume Jimmy Howard is no longer an NHL goalie.  Seems like the only reason for him not to be in the top 8.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/08/11 at 05:30 PM ET

Buck's avatar

What Valek said.

Posted by Buck from The High Plains of New Mexico on 11/08/11 at 06:19 PM ET

I can’t watch video, can someone list his list please?

Posted by NathanBC on 11/08/11 at 07:43 PM ET

1. Kari Lehtonen
2. Nikolai Khabibulin
3. Marc-Andre Fleury
4. Jonathan Quick
5. Pekka Rinne
6. Miika Kiprusoff
7. Mike Smith
8. TimThomas

Posted by JBM on 11/08/11 at 08:10 PM ET

Jimmy Howard isn’t on the list because he’s not very good.

Posted by Walt on 11/08/11 at 10:07 PM ET

Thanks Walt.  I was hoping for an idiotic reply like yours.

How does Howard stack up against those 8?

7 have more wins than Howard, though all but one of those has played more games than Howard

1 has a better GAA than Howard.

5 have a better SVPCT than Howard.

2 have more SO’s than Howard.

Yep…Howard apparently just isn’t very good.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/08/11 at 10:21 PM ET

Seriously, Jimmy Howard has played better than most of those goaltenders.  If Weekes is putting Smith on there based on how he has played this season as opposed to career numbers, Howard deserves to be top 5 on that list easily.

Posted by Kyle on 11/08/11 at 10:26 PM ET

Take it easy Valek. I think Weekes would know a bit more than you about the position. He did PLAY IT FOR A FEW YEARS IN THE ACTUAL NHL.

Jesus. Touchy Wings fans.

Posted by Walt on 11/08/11 at 10:44 PM ET

Thanks for calling me on my crap Walt.  I was definitely just being touchy and completely made up stats.  Thanks for putting me in my place.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/08/11 at 10:48 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by Walt on 11/08/11 at 08:44 PM ET

So well in fact that he quickly went to working for NHL Network!  Instead of actually, you know… still playing goal professionally somewhere…

Posted by Primis on 11/08/11 at 11:26 PM ET