Thinking Out Loud On A Summer Sunday

• I use TweetDeck to manage my twitter feeds and lately when expecting hockey news, I’ve been getting weather reports from London.

• Speaking of the Olympics, let’s hope if NHL players go to Sochi, NBC shows the hockey games live and I don’t mean streaming them online.

• Can you imagine if the Shane Doan process was being played-out in a city like Toronto or Montreal?  Half the media guys now in London would be called back to follow the story.

• I think Bobby Ryan will be on the Ducks roster when the season opens, Keith Yandle may be another story.

• Why did those fake and fraudulent hockey insiders apologize for not telling us that Alexander Semin was going to sign with Carolina?  If what they say is true, they get their information from “sources”, shouldn’t they be blaming them?  Or are their “sources” really voices in their own head?

• I don’t think we will see any significant trades in the NHL until the new CBA is established.  A few teams will need to dump salary and it will be bargain shopping for teams in need.

Filed in: NHL Teams, NHL Media, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

I have the extended cable package from Cox and while it doesn’t include the premium movie channels (which I really don’t care for anyway), I’m able to get CNBC, NBCSP, and NBC-HD.  Isn’t NBC also covering the Sochi Games, btw?

Like I previously posted in another thread, the Big Four Networks coverage of the Olympics (both Winter and Summer Games) are abso-fuching-lutely atrocious.  They spend more time on human interest stories of the Olympics than the actual games themselves.  Presuming that NBC is indeed covering the Sochi Games, I’m not watching on NBC-HD; I’m leaning towards the other channels on my Cox cable package for the live games.

Posted by SYF from hatrick's "...broken bone bone..." on 07/29/12 at 02:08 PM ET

Behind_Enemy_Lines's avatar

So, what IS the weather like in London? I want the inside scoop.

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from Evanston,IL on 07/29/12 at 03:03 PM ET

shazam88's avatar

So, what IS the weather like in London? I want the inside scoop.

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from the Big House,January1,2013. on 07/29/12 at 01:03 PM ET

Rainy.  (e4)

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 07/29/12 at 05:43 PM ET

I don’t know if people are aware of this but Comcast has 2 dedicated HD channels for two sports in the summer Olympics one for soccer and one for basketball inwhich the games are shown. Dave Strader is actually doing pretty good job calling basketball games. But nothing will top Doc Emerick calling water polo.

i guess at winter Olympics in 2014 that one of those channels are dedicated to hockey.

Posted by FlyersFan on 07/29/12 at 05:47 PM ET

Posted by FlyersFan on 07/29/12 at 03:47 PM ET

Posted by SYF from hatrick's "...broken bone bone..." on 07/29/12 at 06:46 PM ET

It Should happen. Ed Snider wouldn’t allow hockey be treated like crap at Olympics on NBC Platform of networks. But i hope NBC learned their lesson with the time delay crap. that was scares me the most in 2014.

Posted by FlyersFan on 07/29/12 at 11:14 PM ET

Joe Z.'s avatar

looking forward for Sochi, todays skill on the bigger ice, brilliant hockey guaranteed!

Posted by Joe Z. from Austria on 08/05/12 at 11:26 AM ET