The Emporer will be away for a while

Paul just informed me that he’s currently in the hospital with a very high blood sugar level due to stress.

Because of that, things will be a little slower than normal, especially with the Free Agency period starting Thursday.

I will do my best to post the big stories and signings while Paul’s away, but unfortunately I don’t have the time now to go to the approximately 60 or so websites that I did last week when Paul was in Vegas.

Let’s all wish Paul a speedy recovery.

Filed in: KK Website Business, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: nhl-hockey

Comments

Evilpens's avatar

Oh that sucks !! Lost my Dad to Diabetes & one of My best Friends had Diabetes & went into sugar Shock & was in a Coma & was Never the Same !! Damn Diabetes is a Terrible Disease !! Thoughts & Prayers are going to Paul & his Family !1

Posted by Evilpens on 06/29/10 at 03:03 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I saw the picture from Vegas, now we know where Paul really got all that sugar.

Get better soon, Paul!

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 06/29/10 at 03:05 PM ET

YzermanZetterberg's avatar

Tony—

Thanks for all of your efforts.

Paul—

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery (I had a feeling you were headed for trouble when I saw the shot of you with Heidi Androl in Vegas).  smile

You two guys and everyone else at KK always do an awesome job!

Posted by YzermanZetterberg on 06/29/10 at 03:06 PM ET

Lola's avatar

Oh, that’s not good at all. :( I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts, Paul!

And thanks for holding down the fort, Tony. I know I appreciate that the Korner is operating even in the Emperor’s absence.

Posted by Lola from down by the bay on 06/29/10 at 03:08 PM ET

Leo_Racicot's avatar

Get well soon, Paul!

Posted by Leo_Racicot on 06/29/10 at 03:09 PM ET

Get well Paul!

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 06/29/10 at 03:15 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Best of luck Paul. We’ll be seeing you back soon.

Best of luck to you too, Tony ya yinzer. Heh…thanks as well.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 06/29/10 at 03:20 PM ET

Man, sorry to hear that. Get well soon Paul.

Posted by TheNorm41 on 06/29/10 at 03:28 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

You have every reader’s thoughts with you Paul. Get well soon.

Posted by Osrt on 06/29/10 at 03:33 PM ET

detroitdan1982's avatar

Favourite site on the web, get well soon Paul!

Posted by detroitdan1982 from St. John's, NL on 06/29/10 at 03:38 PM ET

drimo's avatar

Get well soon, Paul!  Most of us have been around long enough to know that no posts in 24 hrs is a bad thing, so get some rest, and let Tony handle things.

Posted by drimo from Cincinnati, OH on 06/29/10 at 03:39 PM ET

I hope you’re doing better and are out of the hospital soon.

Posted by Susan on 06/29/10 at 03:44 PM ET

CaptNorris5's avatar

A thousand stick taps for a speedy recovery Paul.

Posted by CaptNorris5 from The Winged Wheel, stuck in Chicago on 06/29/10 at 03:47 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Oddly enough I had a very similar feeling. After a certain age, getting too close to women like that can only lead to trouble of one sort or another. smile

But, seriously, you need to alter some things in your life, Paul, while you still can. If you posted less often or you didn’t start posting at 5:00 in the morning every day, everyone here would understand. Best wishes for a speedy recovery – and, hopefully, a new approach to the rest of your (very long) life.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 06/29/10 at 04:00 PM ET

yikes! rest up Paul, and take good care.

Posted by Moose Moss on 06/29/10 at 04:05 PM ET

Get well soon Paul, us older and larger guys need to stick together.

Posted by elvis from San Jose on 06/29/10 at 04:14 PM ET

jennyquarx's avatar

Hey you guys, I heard from Paul and he asked me to update you.  He is undergoing tests and trying to get his blood level to normal, but is well enough to text me back!  So keep thinking good thoughts for him.  I passed along your good wishes.

Posted by jennyquarx on 06/29/10 at 04:31 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Best wishes Paul, get well and keep on top of it.
And thanks for filling in Tony.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 06/29/10 at 04:31 PM ET

Forechecker's avatar

Get well soon, Paul!

Posted by Forechecker from Nolensville, TN on 06/29/10 at 04:39 PM ET

Take care, Paul, and get well soon.

Posted by BobTheZee on 06/29/10 at 04:41 PM ET

I was afraid something was wrong when I saw the lack of posts.

Take care of yourself, Paul, and get well soon.

Posted by Lex Talionis on 06/29/10 at 05:18 PM ET

eyesris's avatar

Feel better Paul.  I think both you and Malik need to take a breather and focus on yourselves.  We will all be here when you get back :D

Posted by eyesris from Asheville, NC on 06/29/10 at 05:22 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

get well soon, paul

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 06/29/10 at 05:46 PM ET

Take care of yourself Paul and get better soon, we can wait on the updates.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 06/29/10 at 05:59 PM ET

Time to take care of yourself, Paul.  We will all be hear when you get back.

Posted by dragoneer on 06/29/10 at 06:00 PM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

Get well very soon Paul, then get some well deserved rest.

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 06/29/10 at 06:05 PM ET

Mike from Austin's avatar

Take all the time you need, Paul

Posted by Mike from Austin on 06/29/10 at 07:57 PM ET

Gabriel's avatar

Our thoughts are with you Paul.  By my calendar, you have about 3 months to recover.  Get well soon.

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 06/29/10 at 08:23 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Paul,

Please take your time to get well and take care of yourself.  All of us will gladly wait for updates if it means you are getting better.

Thinking of you and wishing you well.

Tony, thanks for filling in.

Jenny - thanks for passing along the good news.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 06/29/10 at 08:24 PM ET

Sadie's avatar

I hope you feel better soon, Paul!  And I echo everyone else here in saying that you should take all the time and relaxation you need to get well.

Thanks for filling in and for the update, Tony - I was very worried when I woke up this morning and realized that Paul hadn’t posted in so long without notice.

Posted by Sadie from Ann Arbor, MI on 06/29/10 at 08:52 PM ET

Get well soon Paul!

Posted by jen on 06/29/10 at 09:26 PM ET

David Lee's avatar

Paul, I hope you’re back in action real soon.
Tony, keep up your great work running the show.

Posted by David Lee from Greensboro, NC on 06/30/10 at 01:44 AM ET