Max Pacioretty Hit On Kris Letang

Crazy last 36 hours.  Lost my hard drive, finally made the decision and went with a new CPU and went from XP to Windows 7.

A learning curve no doubt, but I am up to it.

Now to some hockey, what about the hit on Letang and there was no penalty on the play.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Montreal Canadiens, Pittsburgh Penguins, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: max+pacioretty, max+pacioretty

Comments

Pharazon's avatar

looked shoulder first to me, and Letang was reaching anyway..

no suspension for me..

btw Paul, windows 7 is easy when going from xp… it’s basically the same, just a bit newish

Posted by Pharazon from England on 11/27/11 at 04:28 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

Ditto. I went from Vista to Windows 7 and I’m much, much happier. It’s like XP but…more intuitive.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 11/27/11 at 05:52 AM ET

I have both guys on my fantasy team, so either way I’m screwed.

And I switched from PC to Mac and have never been more content wink

Posted by DrewBehr from The Mitten on 11/27/11 at 06:24 AM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Windows 7 Is like XP on steroids, Much Better & Light Years better than Vista

From the Looks of that hit I would say Pacioretty is going to be suspended

Posted by Evilpens on 11/27/11 at 12:06 PM ET

WingMan's avatar

Can’t believe there was no penalty…  should be suspended imo.

I’m still on XP, but will upgrade in the new year.  Win7 is a great OS.

Posted by WingMan from The Q C on 11/27/11 at 01:41 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Pacioretty had options that didn’t include blasting Letang in the head.

He should be suspended.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 11/27/11 at 01:59 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Max will be phoning in to the NHL on Monday.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/27/11 at 02:00 PM ET

Does conference call still mean < 4 games? Not that I think he deserves more than that. Just curious on shanahans protocol for that kinda thing.

Posted by iggsplode on 11/27/11 at 02:21 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Didn’t look like head was principal point of contact to me… and yeah, Letang was reaching, with his head down…

Be interesting to see the result.  Some fault on both the players there…

Love Windows 7, especially the x64 version.  And unlike Macs, you can actually do stuff on it.

Posted by Primis on 11/27/11 at 02:26 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Primas, I do have the x64 version and so far, impressed by the speed of everything.

I am just having a problem downloading and reactivating Microsoft Office 2010.  I have the product key, but can’t download my version of Office from the MS site.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/27/11 at 02:31 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Will Crosby ever stop being a bitch?  Granted the hit was to the head, and blindside, but it was all shoulder.  Crosby comes figure skating off of the bench and tries to convince the ref it was an elbow.  I guess he should know, he’s been using his enough lately.

Posted by Hootinani on 11/27/11 at 02:48 PM ET

Posted by Hootinani on 11/27/11 at 11:48 AM ET

How dare he talk to the refs about a possible call for or against his team!  The nerve of him, acting like the captain of the Pens!

The hit was the exactly the same as Richards/Cooke on Booth/Savard with a better result for Letang.  Hopefully there is a full investigation by the Montreal police on this matter, you know, just to be safe.

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 11/27/11 at 03:05 PM ET

It looked like Cindy Crosby was about to cry…

Posted by sean_o_sean on 11/27/11 at 03:48 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Pacioretty ought to know better.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 11/27/11 at 04:14 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/27/11 at 11:31 AM ET

Don’t stress about Office 2010, if you don’t activate you only get a nag telling you to activate the registration, the program is fully functional even when un-registered.

A quick recommendation, Microsoft Security Essentials is a free and actually excellent anti-virus program.  It is small, uses very minimal resources, and has daily definition updates which are also very small and easy to download.

Despite their many issues, Microsoft has really done a great job with Windows 7 and Microsoft Security Essentials.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 11/27/11 at 04:39 PM ET

Paul's avatar

VooX, the problem with Office is I can’t find a copy to download.  When i go to MS site, it asks for product key, which I input, but it just loops on me, no download even though I am typing in the correct product key.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/27/11 at 04:47 PM ET

cs6687's avatar

Some people are beyond ridiculous with Crosby criticism. He does what any other captain would do, but because he does it, he’s a whiner, crybaby. Those people need to STFU. Seriously.

About the hit, you would think someone like Pacioretty, who suffered a devastating hit last season from Chara, would be more understanding of how dangerous a hit to the head can be. Apparently not.

Posted by cs6687 on 11/27/11 at 05:24 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/27/11 at 01:47 PM ET

Might contact a Microsoft rep directly and see what they can do.  I’m not sure why it would loop, I’ve never seen that behavior before on the site personally…

I personally loathe the way product keys work now, as an I.T. guy.  You never know if what you have is a Corporate key, a Home, a Premium, a vendor-specific one, or WTF… at some point MS needs to rein in the madness.

Posted by Primis on 11/27/11 at 05:50 PM ET

Pacioretty ought to know better.

Exactly what I was thinking. I will be surprised if Pacioretty isn’t suspended for at least a pair of games.

Posted by Iggy_Rules on 11/27/11 at 05:51 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Primas, Got it to work.  Was using the product key for the free trial instead of the one I purchased.  Found that after signing in to Microsoft and they had my purchases stored.

So was able to download it and now importing what I was able to save.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/27/11 at 05:58 PM ET

For those who think Max should know better ... he does and he apologized to Letang. He apologized because even though he lined himself up in Letang’s line of vision, Letang lowered his head as he shot resulting in the broken nose. Did Max intentionally throw a bad hit. No. Did it go wrong? Yes. Should Letang have protected himself instead of making the play? Well, you hope for the guy to make the play but hate to see him get hurt. This is exactly the issue ... there is no blindside element to the call so how can you fault Max?

Posted by Shaun from Montreal from Montreal on 11/27/11 at 10:39 PM ET