Maurice Next To Go

Well, look at me.  Getting to break all the real news today.  If I was a guy who forced the infirm to pay me a few bucks for every rumor I made up, I’d say this was another example of those famous “dominoes” falling.

Carolina Hurricanes

Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has relieved Paul Maurice of his duties as head coach. The team will announce a new head coach later today.

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

Kirk Muller is the new coach (E5). :-D

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 11/28/11 at 01:15 PM ET

Nathan's avatar

The Carolina Hurricanes announce Bruce Boudreau as their new coach.

Three years later, the Carolina Hurricanes announce Paul Maurice as their new coach.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 11/28/11 at 01:27 PM ET

DocF's avatar

As of 4 minutes ago, the Raleigh paper is saying the new coach will be introduced at a press conference later today.  I would not deny it being Kirk Muller, but nothing is set in case hardened fudge let alone concrete at this time.

Doc

Posted by DocF from Now: Lynn Haven, FL; was Reidsville, NC on 11/28/11 at 01:28 PM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

Well TSN is saying that Muller is the new coach. So, give me $20.

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 11/28/11 at 01:38 PM ET

11B4PF7 in MN's avatar

What a Monday morning.  I wonder if the Ducks and Blue Jackets are going to can their coaches next.

Posted by 11B4PF7 in MN on 11/28/11 at 01:46 PM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

“I wonder if the Ducks and Blue Jackets are going to can their coaches next.”

I would laugh my ass off if Crylyle got fired next but I hope he doesn’t and has to put up with that mess of a one-line hockey team for the entire season. As far as Arniel in Columbus, meh. A shitty hockey team in a city with a shitty college football team.

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 11/28/11 at 01:58 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Yeah, I actually DO feel sorry for Maurice.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 11/28/11 at 02:01 PM ET

Sullyosis's avatar

I feel most sorry for Cam Ward. I think he’s better than his stats and wins.

Posted by Sullyosis from A hateful lair in Post Apocalyptic US (or Arizona) on 11/28/11 at 02:18 PM ET

11B4PF7 in MN's avatar

I feel sorry for Patrick Eaves’ jaw/ear.  The guy finally gets to play—still not sure why he was a healthy scratch for five consecutive games—and gets a significant injury.

Posted by 11B4PF7 in MN on 11/28/11 at 02:27 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Carolina is just a terrible team.  No coach in the world can help them.

Posted by Primis on 11/28/11 at 04:03 PM ET