Introducing The Islanders Informer

Ready to talk some NYI hockey?  Well William is here to meet your needs

-Paul

Welcome to The Islanders Informer-a source for everything New York Islanders.  The Islanders Informer will be a forum for discussion, debate, and both Islander and hockey related news.  This blog will hopefully be a place where hope and optimism are the feelings of consensus even when cheering for a team that may not make it so easy.  I, myself, feel like the Islanders as a franchise are headed in the right direction and hope that many of the readers of The Islanders Informer and Islander fans alike feel the same way.

With many bright young stars such as John Tavares, Michael Grabner, and Matt Moulson, the Isles are poised for a breakout year.  I look at the glass half full and see the upside of this young team and I hope you guys do as well.  Hopefully, beginning October 8th, the boys in orange and blue will take our minds off of the potential impending move and keep it that way-at least until next July.

Always feel free to contact me for any hockey related questions, discussions, debates or feedback.

On a personal note, I live in the NYC metro area via Raleigh, North Carolina and Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Oh, and two personal predictions for the upcoming season that I am very confident will happen: 1) Grabner (who should have won the Calder last year) will have 40+ goals and 2) the Moulson, Tavares, Parenteau line will be one of the best in the Atlantic Division.

I hope you all will enjoy reading The Islanders Informer as much as I will enjoy writing it.

Follow me on twitter at @TheIsleInformer.

William

Filed in: NHL Teams, New York Islanders, William Morrison, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

bezukov's avatar

Welcome to KK William!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 08/09/11 at 02:02 PM ET

Welcome William.  I’m a Moulson fan as I watched him for 4 years at Cornell.  Met him once and he is a very down to Earth personable guy.  Hoping to make it down to LI for the Wings game this year.  Good luck with the blog.

Posted by Them Bones on 08/09/11 at 02:16 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Welcome, William!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 08/09/11 at 02:54 PM ET

Love it. Can’t wait to follow your posts.

Posted by Matt from Charlottesville, VA on 08/09/11 at 04:11 PM ET

As long as you never write a blog about who Matt Moulson’s brother-in-law is, everyhting should be smooth sailing.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 08/09/11 at 05:03 PM ET

petshark's avatar

Welcome:)  I applaud your optimism.  That’s a hard thing to muster in life, but certainly worth doing.  It’s all in the eye of the beholder, right?

Posted by petshark from Nor Cal, and on Twitter @petshark47 on 08/09/11 at 10:33 PM ET

petshark's avatar

Oh, and people don’t like locked Twitter accounts. :(

Good to see your twitter account is unlocked! Can’t wait to follow you this season!

Posted by Chris from Greensboro, NC on 08/09/11 at 11:52 PM ET

petshark's avatar

Dear Chris, my Twitter feed is a little sporadic, and can get a bit deranged during games, but always to have a follower:)

Posted by petshark from Nor Cal, and on Twitter @petshark47 on 08/10/11 at 02:30 AM ET

Thanks everyone!  I look forward to it.  Didn’t mean to have my Twitter account private!

Them Bones: The Wings game is Jan. 10.  If you go, let me know and we can meet up before the game.

Posted by William Morrison on 08/10/11 at 12:48 PM ET

Bossy_Rules's avatar

Need RSS feed.  I will be reading!

Posted by Bossy_Rules on 08/10/11 at 03:39 PM ET

Paul's avatar

BR, the rss feed will be ready sometime late August.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/10/11 at 03:53 PM ET